Review by murry7796 -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
murry7796
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-murry7796.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Review by murry7796 -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by murry7796 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Timewise by Robert Leet, is a science fiction thriller that focuses on a mathematician named Ron Larson. With the help of Regina Russo, a woman that Ron meets as a kid, he starts to focus on math and how he can change the world around him. Regina and Ron work together to bring a new meaning to the world through time.

The character of Ron is introduced as a child, and we as readers can watch him grow as a person. This helps to give us a connection with him and figure out what type of person that they are to us. Leet is able to build the world well, and we are able to get a full layout of what the world is like around the characters. There are also the different emotional journeys that Ron goes through in his life. We are able to follow the ups and downs that he goes through. Leet makes these moments real and poignant.

The part of the book that stands out to me is the character development that they go through. These characters grow and change and are not one dimensional. This helps to bring the reader in and connect to the characters. Even the minor characters had backstories and depth to them that pushed the story further.

The only negative that I have to offer is the fact that some of the more academic conversations in the book tend to be wordy and not every easy to understand if the reader didn’t have knowledge in the topic beforehand. Other than that, the dialogue was smooth and easy to follow, it felt like real conversations with people. The book was edited well and there were no errors that I caught.

This was an interesting book that I would recommend to anyone that is a science fiction fan, or to anyone that is interested in math and time. If you can’t stand math, maybe stay away because of the long explanations in the book. I would also say that while it is science fiction, it is not something that puts you in a completely different world and would be good for people looking for a good thriller or something to make you think. I am giving this book 4 out of 4 stars, because the author was able to connect the reader to the characters and give the world imagery that the reader would be able to imagine easily.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”