Review by Jojobiz -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jojobiz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojobiz.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review by Jojobiz -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Jojobiz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Timewise is a book written for science buffs. The richness in the background theories goes as far back as the world’s creation theories. The characters in the book unpack phenomena that have been known to be true by asking questions that reveal the loopholes that were left unexplored. Robert Leet, the author, goes straight into the heavy stuff: the co-existence of time and space, and how its manipulation could lead to time-travel.

The book focuses on physics theories revolving around matter and time. They are explored through the two main characters, Regina Russo and Ron Larson.

Regina seeks to indoctrinate Ron Larson into her way of thinking. Having been a lecturer in physics for a long time, Professor Russo has an impressive history, one governed purely by passion. There is also a dark story in her past, amongst other shocking reveals, that will keep the reader glued to the pages. Unfortunately, most of the secrets are unveiled towards the end of the book. Their magnitude coupled with the hasty ending reduced the impact to a poorly-done shock effect from the author. This was the only thing I disliked.

The rest of the book was more than satisfactory to me. Since I am interested in physics, I loved examining the theories as they were revealed, cross-referencing with other existing theories, and comparing the arguments surrounding each of them.

I enjoy a good read, and the author certainly outdid himself with this book. There was minimal destruction from the storyline since the plot development was linear; mostly the story focused on Ron Larson's life. This helped a lot in keeping the reader's concentration within the areas of interest, which I believe was the science content.

For this reason, I suggest readers who want a robust storyline with multiple plot lines to steer clear. This book is meant for readers who will appreciate the subject at hand and view the story between Russo and Ron Larson as a bonus. It would be an ideal read for students and teachers with an interest in quantum physics. There is a lot to learn if the topics are of interest to the reader.

I found no errors, which is a testament to the author's excellent work. The editing was outstanding in its perfection. I found the use of profanities a shame as it excludes younger readers from being a potential audience for the book.

Because of the reasons above, I give the book 4 out of 4 stars. The arguments gave a lot of food for thought, which is exactly what a great book should do; to entertain and to educate.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”