Review by shamayelnur -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shamayelnur
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamayelnur.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 2376

Review by shamayelnur -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

Post by shamayelnur »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a fantasy novel with hints of science fiction. The book is the first installment of the We are Voulhire series.

The chapters of the books are split as per the perspectives of different individuals. Consisting of various branches of storylines, the novel is framed delightfully. On the whole, the book is focused to provide an introduction to the characters.

Voulhire is a prosperous country and has always been thriving. At present, it is under the rule of King Wilhelm Arcolo, a finely capable leader with positive intentions. But, Voulhire has its own terror to administer. That is of the Riva Rohavi and the ever-fearful Lord Meldorath, who was the lord of Hillport (a city in Voulhire). As for relief, the Rivas has been dormant for years now, and Lord Meldorath is claimed dead.

Hillport had become a station of distressed people followed by melancholy after the rule of Meldorath. Thus, King Wilhelm assigned Lord Eldus as the new lord of Hillport. Lord Eldus was a conscientious man and was serious regarding his responsibilities. But the issue lurks if he can indeed keep the city of Hillport secure.

On the other hand, Galen Bray, a man in his 20s, arrives in Voulhire from his war-stricken country, the Lands of the Princes. He discovers a surprising breakthrough when he learns his inheritance documents state him as the benefactor of his uncle’s home and forging business in Voulhire. And he is more than elated to leave his ominous country to reach the prosperity Voulhire has to provide. As the story unfolds, Galen experiences the quirks of this world.

The story ends in a dramatic move and instills a great interest in me to know what the next series has in store. Though the storyline is not much build here as the novel’s concentrated on the introduction, the writer has used tools to make the book quite engaging and interesting. For example, the book has a printed map of Voulhire, which directs and illustrates all the cities and places. It kept me engaged to picture the proximity of different cities, as described in the story. Also, the writer provided a glossary to keep the reader updated on the words used specifically by the Voulhirians. I liked this writer’s idea of using a vocabulary of his own as it provides an essence of singularity.

Other than that, the writing style of the writer was quite engaging as well. The description was very vivid, and I could picture the surrounding of the settings. In a nutshell, I loved reading and exploring the world of Voulhire and am eagerly looking ahead to read the next installments. Additionally, this piece was remarkably edited as a came across with no errors at all. The audience who is fond of the magic world and fantasy shall well enough enjoy this book.

Lastly, considering everything, I rate this book 4 out of 4.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
raluca_mihaila
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: Return to Eternity
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: The Not So Great American Novel by James E. Doucette

Post by raluca_mihaila »

Welcome to the Voulhire universe, and I hope you will enjoy the rest of the books as well. I enjoyed reading your review, great work!
Tahia Shahrin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tahia Shahrin »

Sounds like an enigmatic story... I have really enjoyed the portion where you gave a sneak peek to the story.
DANAWEB
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by DANAWEB »

I have recently reviewed this book and gave 3 out of 4 stars as there were not much of a character development which is highlighted on your review as well. :tiphat:
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by jokinyo »

Reading this book was simple and easy for me. The author's stile was good. Lovely review.
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by jokinyo »

The engaging writing style of the author also kept me digging for more.
Nice work.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Vengeful by AJ Parnell

Post by Prisallen »

This does, indeed, sound like an interesting story. Thank you for your wonderful review!
Latest Review: Vengeful by AJ Parnell
A Y reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-y-reviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by A Y reviews »

Having reviewed this book myself, I can agree with you that Mr. Tysz did a fantastic job in this first book. I hope others are in the same mould
Saint Bruno
2021 Reading Goal: 150
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: Waking Dead by Jay Glendell
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I have read and reviewed this book, so I agree with your analysis and discussions. Thanks a lot for the insightful and detailed review.
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sou Hi »

Thank you for your enjoyable review. I have read this book, and I can understand your points. The author is quite talented with his words and the twists. They made me so curious about what will happen next.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Cast the First Stone by David James Warren

Post by SamaylaM »

I agree with you that the writer used tools like words used specifically by the Voulhirians to make the book quite engaging and interesting. This was indeed a fascinating read. Great review!
Nmesoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Post by Nmesoma »

Really lovely review. Thanks for taking our minds into the story and picturing it for us.
Tarilan
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarilan.html
Latest Review: First Love by Momi Robins

Post by Tarilan »

I have read this book and I enjoyed it as well. The author does a good job on the introductory part of every character.
Honest-reviewer
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I too have read this book. This is a very nice introduction for the series. Thanks for your wonderful review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”