Review by Ayora -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ayora
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayora.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review by Ayora -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under ...

Post by Ayora »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Struggling to survive in a poor and underdeveloped country ravaged by the terrors of war can be a harrowing experience. This is the dire condition of things in the Lands of the Princes where Galen Bray, the protagonist, finds himself. In We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies, the author, Matthew Tysz, weaves a fantastic tale with Galen at the center of it.

Good fortune smiled on Galen when his uncle selected him to be his heir. Galen soon finds himself on the way to Voulhire. Life in Voulhire is a far cry from the war-torn Lands of the Princes. For the first time in his life, he gets to enjoy social amenities in Voulhire. He also has the support of Rowan to help him navigate this strange and vast land. However, all that glitters is not gold. Could Rowan and Demetrius be trusted? What would be the after-effects of the internal struggles of Voulhire? Would the people of Riva Rohavi succeed in their mission? How will the influence of magic affect the justice system in Voulhire? These and other intriguing questions are answered as the story unfolds.

Matthew Tysz's talents shine through this piece. The descriptive nature of the narrative holds the reader's attention. The state of affairs in the Lands of the Princes was described so vividly that I could imagine myself there. Although the narrative was not humorous, the book was no less interesting. I was captivated by the complex twists in the story. What I love most about this book is the character development. Galen Bray, King Wilhelm, Rowan, and Lord Eldus are a few of the characters that had depth and consistency. The reader cannot help but feel drawn to the warm heart of the benevolent King Wilhelm. The people of Riva Rohavi serve to increase the intrigue in the story. The suspense in the plot keeps the reader guessing about their motives and eventual outcome.

The only dislike I have about this book is the inclusion of magic into the plot. I believe this book would do just fine without it. The presence of profanities in the text also makes this book unfit for sensitive readers.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was professionally edited. The story is captivating and enlightening. I learned some useful tips on forging. Also, there is much to learn from the desirable qualities of the characters in this book. I would recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Teele
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: Sharing Common Ground by Mayor Billy Keyserling

Post by Teele »

I agree with your sentiments. This book is highly rated due to Tysz's writing skills. Thanks for your review.
Tayejim1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayejim1.html
Latest Review: Manning Up:(PoesyEssays Of Women's Interest) by Mr.Bigmann Grier

Post by Tayejim1 »

I hope Galen succeeds in his new position as heir. Thanks for a good review.
Ayora
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayora.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ayora »

Teele wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 07:59 I agree with your sentiments. This book is highly rated due to Tysz's writing skills. Thanks for your review.
Thanks for stopping by. Tysz is really a good writer.
Teele
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: Sharing Common Ground by Mayor Billy Keyserling

Post by Teele »

Yes, I read the book as well, and I was quite impressed with the plot development.
coolice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coolice.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by coolice »

An interesting plot indeed, but the magic part puts me off.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”