Review by Pinning_RJ -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Pinning_RJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinning-rj.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review by Pinning_RJ -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

Post by Pinning_RJ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first book in the We Are Voulhire series. This book deals with technological advancements, magic, and monarch. Included are many genres like historical fiction, fantasy, and science fiction.

Galen Bray, a twenty-eight-year-old man, arrives from the Land of Princes, where civil war had outgrown on the masses for years. His destination was Magnum Caelum wherein he inherited his uncle's forge and a new life. He meets Rowan, executor assigned by his already long-dead uncle. The kingdom of Voulhire is plagued by the upcoming rebel group Riva Rohavi and an untruth of a powerful mage. King Wilhelm is going to all extent to catch the traitor. Galen is swept off on a malevolent adventure in this faraway land along with his friends. How much afar Galen will travel before he spirals down in schemes of this faraway land?

Matthew Tysz is a wonderful writer, and he has penned down this book creatively. It contains a nice blend of physics and magic. The book is quite slow-paced which was fine for me as it enabled me to get a grasp of Caromentis, a world of magic.

At the beginning of this book, it seemed as if Galen is the protagonist and the only one from whom we are going to get a point of view but it wasn't so. I was able to look into other people's perceptions and happenings taking place at the same time at different places. Many stories within the plotline also emerged. The author didn't let us get confused among changes in point of view.

The crafted characters were realistic like polite & humble Galen, straightforward Rowan, cunning Maido, etc. The book was not left with a cliffhanger but a soft ending giving curiosity to look for after-effects of the events. Providing a map was a work of brilliance.

This book contains minor instances of profanity. No detailed explicit scenes are present but some details of abuse or harassment are present in brief as per need. The book is professionally edited. I would recommend this book to fantasy lovers and also to those who love adventure and historical fiction. This book is also recommended only for young adult readers and senior adults. I would rate this book '4 out of 4'.

This book was completely out of the box when compared to other kinds and that served as a speciality. I'm looking forward to reading other books in the same series.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MarianaFigueira
2021 Reading Goal: 200
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marianafigueira.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by MarianaFigueira »

Thanks for the amazing review, really
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Pinning_RJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinning-rj.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Pinning_RJ »

MarianaFigueira wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 20:14 Thanks for the amazing review, really
Welcome dear! I hope it helped you. :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”