Review by Personalanama -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Personalanama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-personalanama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review by Personalanama -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Personalanama »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

While Timewise is a fictional book, its content remains notably non-fiction. The author, Robert Leet, explores the concepts of time as a topic between two of his main characters in the book. Professor Regina Russo is a lecturer at a campus near where Ron Larson plays his chess games. It is obvious from their first meeting that she knew Larson, or of him, since he was one of the best players on the commons, not to mention the youngest. The thought-provoking questions she asks make Larson curious about physics, but not enough to change his mind about school. The two meet again years later when Larson is barely getting by. When she offers to pay him to study and to sponsor his studies fully, Larson couldn't agree fast enough. Anything to make extra money for the young man. Little by little, he takes an interest in mathematics and his love for physics slowly becomes much more than his attraction to the professor or his need for money.

As I read the book, I realized how little the story between the two evolved. Most of their interactions were governed by their discussions on quantum physics. I had expected a sordid tale of love between them from the description I read, but their relationship evolved into something much different. The story's ending was unexpected which was a surprise and topped the unpredictability aspect.

That said, I loved the theories of physics. Most times I had to reread and write what I understood, but that did not deter from my enjoyment of the story. I have to say, however, that I am thankful the educational bits did not affect the outcome of the story. In truth, the storyline appeared detached from the ever-developing theories until Larson explored the theory of predicting trends in the stock market.

I found it educational as well as entertaining, though not by much. The story between the two characters got interesting, almost halfway through the book. The first half was about Larson's life story and how his upbringing influenced his choices as an adult. What was entertaining was the author's style of writing, which revealed a deep play on words that often left me reflective of his ingenuity.

For these reasons, I give the book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I loved the book from cover to cover and hope to see more of these from Robert Leet. He more than delivered, and I am sure lovers of physics (quantum physics, in particular) will agree with me. I found two errors in the book which I took to mean the book was professionally edited. Nothing was lacking in its formatting.

I recommend it to physics devotees. They will appreciate Robert Leet's efforts the most.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ndiviwe
2021 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Ndiviwe »

The fictional time travel aspect of the novel sounds fantastic and would have me hooked to the book. The phyics jargon might be a hard no no for me but it might be a suspenseful page-turner for someone who has a deeper understanding for physics topics.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”