Review by spdstr05 -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
spdstr05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spdstr05.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review by spdstr05 -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by spdstr05 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I enjoyed reading Timewise by Robert Leet. Timewise was an interesting book with a dynamic cast of characters and a science fiction theme. I give the book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I gave the book a 4-star rating because it had only a few simple typos or errors. Most errors were an extra or missing word and it didn't detract from the fluency. I would highly recommend this book to readers who like science and/or science fiction. Very religious people who don’t believe in the Big Bang theory may not enjoy this book.

Timewise by Robert Leet follows Ron Larsen who; as a teenager, meets and falls in love with Regina Russo; a woman more than twice his age. Regina is a beautiful, intelligent woman who inspires him to excel in high school. After high school, Ron had a string of roommates as well as easy jobs to support his goal of becoming a professional poker player. When his poker aspirations backfire, Regina walks back into his life, at just the right moment and makes him an offer he can't refuse & they start meeting every few months. At these regular meetings, Regina would share her quantum physics theories. Ron becomes an expert in stocks. Regina contacts him yet again, this time asking for help with a project. Unfortunately, an FBI agent from Regina's past isn't done with Regina yet and is very interested in Regina and Ron's project. Fortunately, a few roommates from Ron's past re-emerge in helpful ways. The book takes many surprising turns along the way and ends full circle; with chess and science.

The thing I like the most about the book was the diverse cast of characters. I also liked the way Robert explained physics. It was a little complicated but after reading a section of physics explanation, I felt like I at least somewhat understood the lesson or theory. I particularly appreciated how he added illustrations in some physics explanations which I found especially helpful.

What I disliked the most was how many physics lessons there were. It felt like some of those physics lessons could have been left out without affecting the story. I also disliked how long some of the physics lessons. I understand it is a complicated subject but I felt like many of them could have been one or two paragraphs shorter.

In conclusion, Timewise is a good book with interesting characters and an even more interesting plot. Most people would enjoy the book and I would recommend it to friends and family.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”