Review by ibukunoluwa200131 -- We are Voulhire: A New Ar...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ibukunoluwa200131
Currently Reading: Forensic Foraging
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibukunoluwa200131.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by ibukunoluwa200131 -- We are Voulhire: A New Ar...

Post by ibukunoluwa200131 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first book in Matthew Tysz's We are Voulhire series. The book setting was majourly Voulhire, a country of different societies united by King Saint Idus. However, there were some people who stood against the creation of voulhire. These people created a group called the Riva Rohavi whose cause was to destroy voulhire. The main characters of this book were; king Wilhelm, Midius Maido, Galen bray, Lord Eldus Alderman, Rowan, Dalehei Meldorath.

Dalehei Meldorath was a mage who was one of the bad leaders that led Hillport. Meldorath was banned into a manor at the southern part of the country with Captain Barcaedi to babysit him and make sure he doesn't escape.

Galen had just arrived from the land of the princes after Rowan, his uncle's executor located him in the land of the princes. Galen's uncle had paid Rowan a huge amount of money to find Galen to take care of his business after his death. Galen and Rowan travelled to Alcovia, a mining town in search for a kind of steel. There they met a mysterious kind of rock which they decided to investigate the uses. They discovered that meldorath needed that rock.

Lord Eldus Alderman was named lord of Hillport by the king, Wilhelm. Lord Eldus then investigated what his predecessors were doing or planning. He also saw to the progress of the town. He was killed with his family save his son at Castle Hillport by the Riva Soldiers. Meldorath and his accomplices attacked Captain Barcaedi and his men at Lorcia’s isle to take over Hillport which had been earlier attacked.

I find the book interesting. I will surely read the next book in the series. The book is not only interesting, there are some parts I find educative too. I learnt a lot from the way the characters communicated and the author, Matthew Tysz also did well by describing how the speakers felt about statements they had just made if it was right or wrong. The book was not boring, I would give credit to the author for that. I also like the part where biomages were introduced, they could manipulate people on a cellular level. They could alter body functioning.

The book was inconclusive, and did leave some questions as well. Some of my questions are; was Midius Maido actually feeding the Riva Rohavians inside information? How did Meldorath escape from the manor? Was he waiting for his accomplices to escape? And how did his accomplices get there?

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I have no reason to rate it any lower as it was free from errors, and vulgarity. I would say it was professionally edited. I would recommend this book for fantasy readers.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”