Review by Florence Nalianya -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review by Florence Nalianya -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Florence Nalianya »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever thought of what happens to children once they lose their parents and are branded as orphans? What entails their survival? What happens to their career or dreams? As a society, what role do we partake to carry these orphans along? Do we see them as trouble makers or a nuisance or do we become their lifesavers and give them the hope that they much need? The questions are endless and finding the answers is hard. Timewise by Robert Leet walks us through the life of Ron Larsen an orphan who is in pursuit of his dreams amidst financial challenges and lack of a place to call home.

Ron Larson is orphaned at the age of fourteen. He meaders from one foster home to another and most families see him as a nuisance. For him, what matters is that life goes on. While in grade four, he develops interest and gains great skills in playing chase. He does this not for the game but for the little earnings that come with it to help him buy a snack for himself. He participates in chase tournaments and it’s during one such occasion that he meets Regina Russo, a physics professor at Northern University. Regina realizes that Ron had potential but the lack of a stable home and financial constraints distracted his focus. As Ron joined high school, Regina challenged him to attain better grades. He would meet him privately and mentor him. For every A he attained, Regina paid him and promised to take him through college if he did well. Ron performed so well in mathematics and this changed his life from a pauper to a very wealthy individual. He employed his mathematical skills to solve every problem. Regina slowly introduces Ron to the physics world. At some point, she presses him so hard to understand basic physics concepts that sometimes he thinks she has mental issues. With the help of simple illustrations, Ron begins to understand and like physics. Later on, the due brainstorm and develop a project that would entirely change how we view the planet. The project is promising but sometimes things backfire and make it seem very dangerous. The entire piece of work turns into a thriller as the FBI begins to monitor their movements. Read on to see what happens.

I loved reading this book so much. The growth of Ron from an orphan who gambled to a great physics whiz encouraged me so much. Regina‘s decision to inspire and mentor the less fortunate is a lesson that everybody should learn from. During my school life, physics was not one of my best subjects but how Regina explained basic physics principles to Ron made it look interesting. The language prowess of Robert Leet is not something that would go unmentioned. He describes events and makes that reader feel present at the scene. This helped me understand theories like the uncertainty principle and the awareness creates time concept. I wouldn’t digest such without the help of illustrations.

I dislike so little about this book. Nevertheless, there are too many physics concepts in this book. Such, made it cumbersome for me to digest that I had to re-read most of them several times to understand and remember. Regina’s life seems to be tied down to physics that at some point Ron thought she was too much. I was left wondering if Regina realized that there is time for everything as a basic life concept. If physics was to be dealt away in schools, what else would she become?

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Robert Leet be must a bold author to develop an interesting story based on a tough subject like physic. In the midst of cumbersome physics principles, the author managed to bring out drama and humor as the story develops which isn’t easy. I noticed a few errors an indication that this book was professionally edited. I recommend this book to researchers in the physics world, teachers, and students who have a love for this subject. I would also recommend it to anyone who is struggling to make their dreams valid amidst challenges to read and understand that with determination and willingness to push through, it can be possible and achievable.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ndiviwe
2021 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Ndiviwe »

The fictional time travel aspect of the novel sounds fantastic and would have me hooked to the book. The phyics jargon might be a hard no no for me but it might be a suspenseful page-turner for someone who has a deeper understanding for physics topics.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”