Review by jenniferf28 -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jenniferf28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenniferf28.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review by jenniferf28 -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by jenniferf28 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ron Larson is an orphan who loves chess and poker. Both of these he masters as a way to make money. Chess, when he is younger, earns him dollars here and there, which he uses for spending money to buy sodas and snacks at school. Poker, as he gets older, to earn an easy living.

He meets Regina, a physics professor, while playing chess. He remains friends with Regina, and seeing the potential in him, she offers to pay for college. She also offers to pay him for the classes with A grades. The two meet throughout his college career at a late night diner, and this is when she introduces Ron to quantum physics. Each time they meet, she introduces a new idea to build on from a previous discussion. While Ron is mostly interested in mathematics, he humors her for paying his way and the extra money he receives for grades. He is also in love with her.

Eventually, Ron accepts a position in Washington for his doctorate studies. It is there he meets his wife, Sheila, and the two of them create an investment firm in New York. The venture is based on Ron's idea during graduate school to better calculate market trends.

Ron is very successful, but gets a call from Regina needing his help...

I absolutely loved this novel. It is well written and believable. The characters are well-developed, and I felt like I was in the story with them. This is one of the best books I have read in 2020. I would give it 4 out of 4 stars! There were a few errors, but I only noticed them because the story moved seamlessly, which made them stick out a bit.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”