Review by Zen Ashley -- The Elfkin Journals: Blending of...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zen Ashley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zen-ashley.html
Latest Review: The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

Review by Zen Ashley -- The Elfkin Journals: Blending of...

Post by Zen Ashley »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Elfkin Journals: Blending of the Races" by JDeVereS.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do alternate universes exist? Or is there only one plane of existence.

In an attempt to solve the mysteries of the universe and find out what lies beyond the cosmos, warder Garith De'Graoin stumbles upon a possible future where not only his world, but his entire universe is in complete and utter chaos; planet after planet destroyed and countless lives are lost.

Garith and his team of 'misfits' set out to save their world and ensure that this nightmare never becomes a reality. As the story unfolds, they soon discover that their people are responsible for their own impending doom; in an attempt to save another race's future and be their salvation, they instead become their own damnation.

In a universe where the only genuine power is absolute power, love, fairness and justice have long since been forgotten. Will Garith and his team be able to stop the coming apocalypse? Or will they fall to this 'darkness' that has been disguised as 'justice'.

The Elfkin Journals: Blending of the Races by JDeVereS, is a fantasy novel based on alternate universes, with each one completely different from the other.

I absolutely loved this book, I can't say that it was a quick or an easy read, but it was definitely worth the time I invested in it. The novel was wonderful; it was different, intriguing and enjoyable.

This story was interesting and thrilling, all because it seemed to defy genres, it was legally a sci-fi novel, but it had aspects of a love story and a bit of magical realism. I also loved how the author tried to simplify complex issues, this made the story a little bit easier to comprehend.

Love, justice and equality seem to be the main aspect of this book, and I believe that this novel teaches us a little bit of each; of what it's like to stand up and fight for what is right, what it truly means to be in love and to have your partner's back and what it means to be a family even though you are not related by blood. I have read a lot of books in this genre and I can honestly say that The Elfkin Journals did stand out.

I found no flaw in this book and so I think that it deserved a 4 out of 4 star rating, its editing was perfect and the storyline was also amazing. I think this book is better suited for those who enjoy Sci-fi stories with a bit of magical realism, I would say for teenagers and young adults as a younger audience will not be able to understand the theories depicted in the book.

The Elfkin Journals: Blending of the Races
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”