Review by Master A -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Master A
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-master-a.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Review by Master A -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

Post by Master A »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a story about two nations. The first nation was ruled by an emperor who had four sons. He decided to give each of his sons an island to avoid being overthrown. They started war among themselves using natives of these islands as soldiers. These islands became hard for citizens to survive. The second nation was ruled by a king. It was mostly peaceful, but some parts were raided by enemies of the kingdom. The kingdom was economically successful. Religion was a part of this kingdom’s lifestyle. A young man arrived in this kingdom from the war-torn nation with the help of his uncle. He found his uncle dead, but he left him his business.

The most important lesson I learnt from this story is the importance of peace. War has casualties and these casualties are most of the time innocent citizens. It is clear from this book that war is as a result of selfish leadership. Peace brings economic growth. Peace affects citizens positively. The princes did not care about the people they governed. They only wanted power. The result was war. People died in the war while others starved to death. The opposite was seen in the land ruled by the king. Life was easy and peaceful. They had good infrastructure, a successful economy and education.

The author used visions and dreams in this story. Some nightmares were so clearly painted by the author that the reader would easily visualize as if present on the scene. The best was when the Lord Eldus of Hillport was in the library reading his predecessor’s notes. He saw a woman soaked in her own blood. It was scary, and he was happy to find out that it was just a dream. I liked it.

I liked how Galen narrated his story himself while other characters’ stories were told by the author. I also liked how he used short stories within this story to help give the whole picture that is easy to understand. He used sarcasm and other interesting techniques to make this story interesting.

I liked everything in this book. It is edited professionally. It has a good plot, and it flows well. It is entertaining and educating. . I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to readers interested in fiction. It is not suitable for very young readers because of the violence.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

Thanks for the great review, really👍
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”