Review by UncleP -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
UncleP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unclep.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by UncleP -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under...

Post by UncleP »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you are a Sci-fi or fantasy lover, you might want to make sure you have cleared everything on your to-do list before embarking on this journey of reading We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies written by Matthew Tysz. This book gives a feeling of excitement, coupled with suspense and expectations. Once you start reading this book, you would not want to blink a second until you get to the last page.

The novel begins by introducing a protagonist, Galen Bray, and a little history of his hometown. Galen hails from The Lands of the Princes. The Land of the Princes is a place filled with death, struggle, and starvation. These were caused by the never-ending war between the four princes who were sons of the notorious Emperor of Lullabies. Soon enough, Galen Bray finds out that he had a blacksmith uncle in the Kingdom of Voulhire, who recently passed away and left him his estate and properties as an inheritance. Galen leaves the Lands of the Princes with excitement and heads to the city of Magnum Caelum in the Kingdom of Voulhire. The Kingdom of Voulhire is quite the opposite of The Lands of the Princes. It is a place filled with riches and magic.

I have always been a lover of dark fantasies and magical stories, but I must say this novel is exceptionally different from the rest I have read. For some reason, it felt like I was experiencing the thrill of reading my first astonishing novel. One thing I like about this book is the way the author crafts the Kingdom of Voulhire. The concept of a physical realm called Cosmos and a magical realm called Caromentis is quite engaging.

There was nothing to dislike about this book as the story was very compelling. The author kept me guessing if Rowan or Demetrius would betray Galen. Characters like Meldorath made the book an exciting piece to read. The glossary of names and terms included in the book also helped in understanding the storyline.

I found no single error in the book, which shows that the book was professionally edited. The author's choice of words was excellent, and the language used was simple. The book contained minor profanity and a few violent scenes, but all in all, no explicit scenes. Therefore, I am rating the book 4 out of 4 stars, and I recommend it to lovers of dark fantasies and magical tales.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MarianaFigueira
2021 Reading Goal: 200
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marianafigueira.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by MarianaFigueira »

Thanks for the great review! I enjoyed the book too👍
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

And the story gets even better as you finish each book! You were right about clearing the to-do-list though because I myself couldn't wait long enough before finishing that book lol.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”