Review by Amber_joslyn -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amber_joslyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber-joslyn.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review by Amber_joslyn -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Amber_joslyn »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Timewise by Robert Leet is a thrilling Sci-Fi story of Ron Larsen and his journey to finding his place in life and love. Ron Larsen is a brilliant mathematician, mentored by physicist Regina Russo. The book grapples with the complexities of physics in relation to the universe.

Ron first meets Regina during a chess game and maintains a distant relationship with her until college. Regina sees something extraordinary in Ron that he hadn’t seen in himself, and she began to mentor him throughout his time in college. Constantly giving him physics lessons whenever they were to meet.

Ron lives a quiet and busy life, entangling himself with strong, confident women who each teach him something new about what life has to offer. Years after college, when Regina seemed to be forgotten, their paths cross once more and Ron is lead deeper in the mysteries of Regina and her physics research. Despite the many women that Ron has met throughout his endeavors, none of them entice him the way the Regina does. The story comes full circle with Ron learning the true meaning of awareness creating time, a theory Regina prides her research on.

What I loved most about this book, was its unpredictability. Each chapter brought something new and exciting. Every chapter is laced with conversations about quantum physics and what awareness truly is, but with each conversation comes a life lesson that Ron seems to ponder. The book may be unpredictable, but the storyline fits extremely well. It is a Sci-Fi story but perfectly incorporates themes love and life lessons.

What I least liked about this book is how quickly some of Ron’s life events seemed to be fast-forwarded. The book included many major events in Ron’s life and doesn’t give much importance to them in terms of the storyline. It may be the romantic in me, but with the subtle theme of love, I wish there would have been more detailed descriptions of Ron and his relationships.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The plot and execution of the story are well-thought out and wonderfully written. The subtle themes of love and life lessons enmeshed with mathematics and physics flow beautifully, despite the complicated theories of quantum physics that are discussed. The book has been professionally edited, with minimal errors throughout. With the underlying theme of love, comes romance. There are a few scenes throughout the book that introduce sex and intimate relationships, but nothing too descriptive or ‘steamy’. I recommend this piece to lovers of Sci-Fi, but also those (like myself) who enjoy romance.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”