Review by Teele -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Teele
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Review by Teele -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Teele »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As intelligent as humans are, we are limited in our ability to foresee the future. Often, we find ourselves wishing we had the power to avert an unpleasant event. Timewise by Robert Leet is built on this premise. An intricate plot is woven around the development of a time machine.

This 260-page book held me in its fascinating grip all the way. Ron is an amiable character who thrived when motivated by others. His love of mathematics endeared him to me. Regina is a genius who has an innate desire to excel. The collaboration between Regina and Ron refined Regina's time machine.
The initial chapters follow Ron as a student who struggled financially and later had to drop out. Distractions almost got him derailed. But his knowledge of mathematics, coupled with his strong determination fueled his success.

Robert Leet is a creative writer. The high volume of academic jargons in the dialogue would have made the story a total bore. But Timewise is in no way boring. The characters were well-developed and unpredictable. For instance, when Ron and Sheila had a meeting with Mr. Park, the outcome was quite unexpected.

To begin with, I love the premise on which the story is built. I held my breath as Regina and Ron tried to influence the outcome of a future occurrence which they had photographed from the time machine. The lack of humor in the narrative did not interfere with the entertaining ability of this book.
What I love most about this book is its wealth of information. It ranges from botanical facts to Planck's theories to business dealings in the stock market and so on.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was professionally edited. Although fictional, the narrative was designed to make the story believable. The only dislike I have about this book concerns a turning point in Ron's life. Having dropped out of school, he struggled to keep afloat. Then comes Regina, offering to pay him to go back to school. Although this could happen in the real world, it was a bit unbelievable. Apart from this, every other part of the book seems fine. This book contains sexually explicit scenes. Therefore, it is inappropriate for sensitive readers.

I would recommend this book to adults who love fictional books on the laws governing the universe and to others who are interested in the stock market.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”