Review by Devalsodha -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Devalsodha
Currently Reading: Intwine
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devalsodha.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Review by Devalsodha -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

Post by Devalsodha »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is a super interesting fantasy book penned by Matthew Tysz. The author likes to imagine people in different settings, extraordinary settings, and evaluate the reactions of this shift. This book is a stunning chunk of his imagination. The story is a tale of a magical city called Voulhire, and is filled with many fascinating characters very well imagined by the author. The way in which the author introduces each character makes the reader engrossed into the book. The soul of the story is Galen, an enthusiastic young man who travels to Voulhire to overcome the difficulties of his world and prove himself. The book carries us on a journey along with Galen and fascinates us with different occurrences.

Galen belongs to a war-stricken place, where there is always a fear of death. He then set out on a journey to his uncle to inherit him and challenge his own destiny. While on his journey he got to listen to a story of Emperor of Lullabies and his four sons and his fears regarding them. Galen then reached his uncle’s place, where he discovered that his uncle passed away before his arrival. The story there captures the reader to take along on a thrilling tour.

The author introduces us to the land of Voulhire, with his fantastic imagination. This story is filled with thrill, magic, fantasy and many well pictured interesting characters. The author has divided the book into different chapters according to the characters involved and narrates the story in consonance with that particular character’s insight.

My favourite character is Lord Eldus of Hillport. The residents of Hillport had suffered a lot under the power of lord Orlin, their forerunner. Eldus then came there with his family and gave his best to improve the condition of the town and to support the victims. Even though he was a lord he himself approached the children who suffered due to lord Orlin’s misdeed. He read Orlin’s diary and found out the ways he troubled them and tried to help them in every possible manner, thus giving an honest example of a good human being and an ideal leader.

The author has described each and every scene in an enchanting way that sketches the view in front of the reader. There is rich vocabulary and a splendid use of figure of speech like simile and personification due to which the book becomes a soulful read.

I like the lines said by Vidius Crodai “There is not a lot I do not know, any new knowledge should come as a welcome surprise.”

There is nothing that I disliked in this book. The author has provided a map in the beginning and an extensive glossary at the end of the book that helps the reader to gaze deeply into the topics. I was so very much involved with the story while reading, that I have a craving to read the next book of the series.

The book appeals to the readers of all age groups and any religion. It seems that the book is very well written and professionally edited.

I give We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz 4 out of 4 stars. It is a splendid piece of description that helps a reader dive into a fascinating world of Voulhire. The thing I liked the most in the book is the event when the Riva Rohavi people attacked the kingdom. The warriors were all dancing on a particular tune even when they were attacking and fighting. This was an awesome imagination. The scene was brilliantly described by the author. Hats off!

“Blessed are they who earn their evening skies!” by Saint Idus

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Devalsodha

Post by Devalsodha »

I enjoyed reading this book a lot. It carries us on a thrilling fantasy world.
Awesome story as well.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: The Truth in Hope by R.A. Simpson

Post by Prisallen »

It sounds as though there is a lot going on in this story. I do enjoy fantasy when it is well written, and this book definitely sounds as though it is. Thanks for your wonderful review!
shamayelnur
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamayelnur.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by shamayelnur »

I recently reviewed this book and loved it as well. You made some good points and I like your opinions of the book. Lord Eldus was one of my favourite character as well. He seemed to be a great and responsible leader. Thanks a lot for the review.
Devalsodha

Post by Devalsodha »

Prisallen wrote: 21 Dec 2020, 09:49 It sounds as though there is a lot going on in this story. I do enjoy fantasy when it is well written, and this book definitely sounds as though it is. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Yes you will definitely enjoy this book.
Thanks for going through and commenting on my review 😊
raluca_mihaila
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: Return to Eternity
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: The Not So Great American Novel by James E. Doucette

Post by raluca_mihaila »

You have captured the Voulhire essence very well. Welcome to this universe, and congratulations for this great review!
Devalsodha

Post by Devalsodha »

raluca_mihaila wrote: 22 Dec 2020, 04:20 You have captured the Voulhire essence very well. Welcome to this universe, and congratulations for this great review!
Thank you so much that you read my review.
I am really greatful for your kind words.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”