Review by kparikh -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kparikh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kparikh.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review by kparikh -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

Post by kparikh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is an action/adventure book that is guaranteed to have you at the edge of your seat. The book follows a person immigrating to Voulhire hungry to prove their worth. As he navigates Voulhire he will be challenged at every step of the way. This book is apart of a series, and I would urge you to read the books apart of this series before reading this one, although, should you choose, this book does provide enough information for you to read this book only.

When I read this book, one word came to mind: refreshing. It was truly a refreshing read. I have done my best to stay away from the action/adventure genre for quite some time now simply because I felt like I was reading the same thing over and over again with some minor details changed. With this book, I was able to be reintroduced to the action/adventure genre with only good things to say. The plot was unique. Matthew Tysz has done a phenomenal job of writing this as well. He leaves you wanting more-- in a good way-- and keeps you guessing as well. With the many twists and turns in this novel even people who enjoy thrillers as opposed to action/adventure (such as myself) will also be sure to love this!

Put simply, I have no dislikes. This novel exceeded my expectations for the action/adventure genre and then some. He wrote this novel masterfully. Throughout reading this novel I was transported into Voulhire because of all the details he included. In some books you will read, authors spend almost one whole page in the description when half would do the trick, which is why I particularly liked this novel. It gave me an understanding of Voulhire and of the people in it without boring me with too much description.

This book is intended for people who are a fan of the action/adventure genre, but I will say, if you are looking to branch out this series is an amazing place to start. Mystery and thriller fans can have fun with this book as well. As I said earlier, this book is apart of a series but can stand alone as well, there might be a few plot holes if you read it as a stand-alone but they shouldn't be of too much trouble. This book was also exceptionally edited. There were little to no grammatical or spelling errors.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because of how much I enjoyed reading it. The plot was unique, and the writing was exceptional, what else could you want? I am looking forward to the next installments of this series, as I will read every one of them eagerly.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MarianaFigueira
2021 Reading Goal: 200
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marianafigueira.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by MarianaFigueira »

I agree, I loved it as well! Thanks for sharing👍
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson