Lunar Chronicles, Marissa Meyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
zero_macabre
Currently Reading: The Snowman
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zero-macabre.html
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller

Re: Lunar Chronicles, Marissa Meyer

Post by zero_macabre »

I've been wanting to check this series out for a while and now that I have read this short review of the series, I definitely want to check it out now!
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller
BreannaRose
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breannarose.html

Post by BreannaRose »

I read the first book in a day, and went back to the bookstore the next day to get the rest of the series :D I loved it! The first book was amazing, but then the series got better and better as it went on. You can tell the author improved her writing throughout the series.
lacos2693
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lacos2693.html
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

Post by lacos2693 »

Absolutely loved this series. Really well written characters with great character progression. So sad its over.
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni
Coki1988

Post by Coki1988 »

Amazing would recommend for any fiction reader. All books link together so well levana's story fits her so well. I have to say cress is my favorite.
anonymoushufflepuff
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anonymoushufflepuff.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by anonymoushufflepuff »

The Lunar Chronicles is one of my all-time favorite series. Not only is it an enjoyable series that you won't be able to put down, but it also successfully tells your classic stories in a whole new perspective. The first book, Cinder, puts an exciting twist on your classic Cinderella, while also intertwining the storylines with the later characters in the following three books, which are Scarlet (Red Riding Hood), Cress (Rapunzel), and Winter (Snow White). This series I would highly recommend to those who just can't refuse a classic fairy tale, but love a little twist along with some action. I absolutely loved this story and hope you guys will enjoy it as well.

Also if you have already read this series, I am currently reading another book by her called Renegades that is super good and I would recommend that as well.
WinterSoldier

Post by WinterSoldier »

I am in love with these books, they are really fantastic! :D :romance-smileyheart: :romance-inlove:
shawol

Post by shawol »

The Lunar Chronicles! This is one of all-time favourite series. There's great romance, action, friendships and of course, plot. I was skeptical when I heard that the books were based on fairy tales which made me pile it at my to-be-read shelf for quite some time. When I finally decided to read it, I was completely blown away by Cinder. I finished the entire book in just two days which came as a surprise to me. For those who were once like me, leaving it on their TBR shelves, just go and read it when you are done with the current book. All the books (minus Fairest as I didn't read) were phenomenal.
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

I loved this series and it's characters--I started with Cress, and I'm glad I did because if I had started with Cinder or Scarlet, I don't think I would have continued. In my opinion, Cress is still the best book of the series, but the entire premise is unique in YA sci-fi/fantasy and it's definitely worth a read for anyone hesitating.
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

I loved this series so much that I just keep re-reading them. I love how Marissa Meyer was able to tie everything so neatly in the end, that no strings were left hanging. I recommend this series to everyone that enjoys YA sci-fi/fantasy novels, because it is simply amazing.
Minman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Minman »

I have really enjoyed reading the Lunar Chronicles. I was never really into sci-fi / fantasy, but Marissa Meyer's writing has the ability to suck you in leaving you eager to turn the next page. The detail used really makes you connect to each scene. I was immediately drawn in with Cinder and I love how each book ties in with the next. I would describe these novels as having a very intriguing futuristic twist on traditional fairy tales.
Meghana Warrier
Favorite Book: Cinder
Currently Reading: The Lost Hero
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghana-warrier.html
Latest Review: Genex of Halcyon by Joshua Stelling

Post by Meghana Warrier »

Ahh I actually love the whole series so much!! It's so fun to notice all the fairy tale connections while reading.
cogitononsum
Currently Reading: The Great Gatsby
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cogitononsum.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by cogitononsum »

Ah gosh this is one of my favourite stories, like can someone please give the author a standing ovation for such an original idea?? It's beautiful, interesting, and filled with wonderful characters. All of them feel so realistic to me, and although I may have some favourites, I did not hate a single character(and I MEAN NONE). Wonderful characters, wonderful plot, wonderful book series, wonderful!
GladeRose

Post by GladeRose »

I absolutely love this series!! I'm currently rereading it and it is definitely my all-time favorite series. I'd have to say Cress is my favorite book and character, but I enjoy reading Winter just because of how much of Cress and Thorne's romantic relationship happens in it ;) I love Cinder as a character, but the book was my least favorite mostly because I can't stand to read about all the medical stuff, it just makes my arm hurt to picture, but tbh also partly because Kai doesn't kiss her in it lol
Dauria04
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauria04.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dauria04 »

My absolute favourite series of all time, I read this books when I was young and I fell in love with every character, especially Scarlet and Wolf, their love story is amazing and Scarlet is my favourite book of the series.
If you love fairytales but are bored of the same takes over and over again i really recommend this book series

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”