Review by Luluwa79 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Luluwa79
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Peter and the Parachute
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luluwa79.html
Latest Review: Peter and the Parachute by Nicola Ridgeway and James Manning

Review by Luluwa79 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

Post by Luluwa79 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Galen, a young man who had spent twenty years of war in the land of the princes, traveled on a ship to Magnum Caelum in Voulhire to take over his uncle's business and wealth. The mayor helped him in taking over his uncle's wealth in the bank, and Rowan became his best friend who helped him in learning and taking over the business. During their trip to Alvocia, they came across a rock that was found in a mine that a mage was looking for because of its magic; and they traveled to Yamon Soul where they hired a monk to read the rock. Will the monk find out anything? What magic does the rock contain? Will Rowen trust Demetrius?

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first in the series of a magical novel. This novel begins with the introduction of the cities in the magical kingdom of Voulhire.

The author's straightforward and descriptive style was terrific and commendable. I found each of the characters to be realistic, complex, likable, and unique in their way. They each come with their own back story that carries into their outlook on life and relationship.

There's nothing to dislike about the book; the author did a commendable job of perfecting this novel. The book is suspense-filled; there are many secrets, adventures, politics, schemes, and magic, to mention but a few in the book that kept me flipping the pages.

What I liked most about the book was how the author described the landscapes, the cities, and the events happening in the book; it was so vivid that I could imagine and see it through the eyes of the characters. I enjoyed reading the book and trying to solve the mysteries with the characters (Lord Orlion and Lord Meldorath). At 167 pages, the book is short and can be read at a fast pace. There are a lot of twists and turns that will have you turning the pages. The main character's story (Galen) was written from his point of view, while the other character's story was written from the third person's perspective.

I would say the book has been professionally edited, as I did not notice any grammatical errors or typos. There was no erotic scene, and no profane words were mentioned.

I would recommend the book to all readers who love magic, politics, adventures, and those who are interested in thrilling novels.

Overall, I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because it's a perfect and well-written magical novel.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Always seek God in all your dealings and He will help you find the right path.
MarianaFigueira
2021 Reading Goal: 200
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marianafigueira.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by MarianaFigueira »

I agree, it's really a fantastic book. Thanks for the great review👍
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Luluwa79
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Peter and the Parachute
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luluwa79.html
Latest Review: Peter and the Parachute by Nicola Ridgeway and James Manning

Post by Luluwa79 »

MarianaFigueira wrote: 24 Nov 2020, 18:48 I agree, it's really a fantastic book. Thanks for the great review👍
Glad to hear that. Thanks for reading my review.
Always seek God in all your dealings and He will help you find the right path.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”