Official Review: The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: So Now You're a Widow by Bonnie Merryfield

Official Review: The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Stolen Heir" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When we have a choice to change our circumstances for the better, we often take it. Most times, however, the best of intentions delivers the worst results. We see this play out in The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem.

In this book, we are introduced to a whole new world of magic, mages, kings, and queens. From the ranks of the four kingdoms that make up Krasoria, a group of people (the Madregals) rise to fix the imbalance in the world and end the poverty and suffering of the non-royals. Hope comes in the form of a prophecy, but it leaves them with a difficult decision. As events unfold, the heir is stolen, and the entire kingdom plunges into chaos.

There's no right and wrong anymore. Everyone is pursuing a personal agenda. With betrayal at every turn and evil forces coming into play, the fate of the world lies in the hands of the stolen heir.

This book tells a fascinating and captivating story. There are so many subplots within the main plot and so many twists and turns. The book picks up speed right from the beginning and races on till the end. It is very engaging and keeps the mind busy trying to figure out how it will end. The author puts many creative twists into what seems to be a typical storyline, making it difficult for anyone to put down this book once they start reading.

I was impressed by the author's descriptive writing style. She created an entire continent with several kingdoms, rules, and other components, and she did this in a way that was not contrived or overdone. I found the scenes very realistic and detailed, the dialogue natural, and the characters believable. The story flowed smoothly, and I was carried along. The author had a way of making me feel like I was at the scene with her descriptions of sight, smell, and taste.

My favorite part of this book was the suspense. Even though the main villain was revealed right from the beginning, the author still kept me guessing what his next move would be. Many unusual activities kept me from getting predictive with the story's flow. The suspense reached its height at the end of the book, where it ended abruptly, leaving me with many questions and eagerness to read the second book in the series.

I found a plethora of errors in this book. It did affect my enjoyment of it, and I would recommend another round of professional editing. This was my least favorite aspect of this book. Therefore, I'd rate it 3 out of 4 stars and recommend it to anybody who enjoys fantasy books.

The Stolen Heir
View: on Bookshelves

Silpi B
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silpi-b.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Silpi B »

What usually seems like a predictive text, is filled with so many twists and turns that it becomes difficult for one to put the book down once they have started reading it. That surely, sounds interesting. Being a lover of fantasy mysteries, this book sounds like the perfect read to me. The review makes me want to grab the book immediately and get lost in the world of The Stolen Heir.

SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Aunt June by Jenn Dundee

Post by SunVixen »

"This book tells a fascinating and captivating story. There are so many subplots within the main plot and so many twists and turns. The book picks up speed right from the beginning and races on till the end. It is very engaging and keeps the mind busy trying to figure out how it will end. The author puts many creative twists into what seems to be a typical storyline, making it difficult for anyone to put down this book once they start reading.

I was impressed by the author's descriptive writing style. She created an entire continent with several kingdoms, rules, and other components, and she did this in a way that was not contrived or overdone. I found the scenes very realistic and detailed, the dialogue natural, and the characters believable. The story flowed smoothly, and I was carried along. The author had a way of making me feel like I was at the scene with her descriptions of sight, smell, and taste."

Look like really great book. I hope the author meets a good editor someday.

NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Currently Reading: Navigating New Normal Book One Environmental Rescue
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Ruthless Warlock by Lynne Armstrong-Jones

Post by NetMassimo »

An engaging story with several subplots that make it richer with their twists and turns and suspense that keep the readers' attention until the end. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: Call of the Couch
Bookshelf Size: 450
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: Victoria's War by Catherine A. Hamilton

Post by kdstrack »

The author has an intriguing writing style. It was impressive to read about the twists and turns even after revealing the villain from the beginning. I like how you have described this author! This is a fascinating recommendation! Great writing!

Faithy_Star
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Women Of Ramayana by Kunal Kaushal

Post by Faithy_Star »

Indeed, several twists and turns in a book have a way of keeping a reader hooked till the end of the book. Amazing review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”