Review by GianKosi77 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
GianKosi77
Favorite Author: M. Curtis McCoy
Currently Reading: Divided World
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giankosi77.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 197138

Review by GianKosi77 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

Post by GianKosi77 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is both a science fiction and fantasy novel. It is the first book in the series; We Are Voulhire. The story begins with a sudden attack where guards in Hillport are caught unaware and leaving Lord Orlin dead. Betrayal, politics, and revenge emerge from the unfolding of the events. Lord Eldus takes over Hillport and aims at making it prosperous again after Meldorath caused destruction. The puzzle is whether Meldorath is actually dead, as some seem to think. Are the Hillport's residents justified to fear for another attack from their former Lord? King Wilhelm must ensure the safety of his people from his rivals and the Riva Rohavi terrorists.

On the other side, Galen manages to escape from the lands of the princes. He enjoys the peace in Voulhire that he had not experienced in more than twenty years in a war country. He finds new friends, Rowan and Demetrius, who helped him adjust to the environment and his uncle's inheritance. How will Galen repay this country that delivered him from a war zone nation?

I liked most how the author introduced the characters in the story. The most feared Meldorath comes in when Hillport is under attack. We learn about the adorable king of Voulhire during the ceremony of human hands. Galen Bray arrives in the country from the Lands of the Princes and has a long way to go. The readers could tell that these characters among others would do exploits as the story develops. I also appreciate most the map of Voulhire, which is at the beginning of the book. It creates a good visual impression when reading about events in different cities. The only thing that displeased me was that I found it difficult to establish who the main character was. I hope the other installments in the series will make this clear to its readers.

Since the story was flowing perfectly and interesting, I rate this book 4 out 4 stars. The author has introduced this series in a manner that makes the reader interested in other books. Although I pointed out a few errors, they were not that bad to affect the rating. I believe the book was professionally edited, thereby deserving a perfect score.

The book has instances of profane language, which discourages young readers from accessing it. Anyone who loves fantasy, magic, sci-fi, and horrific tales is the best candidate for this novel. However, individuals who do not believe in the existence of God may feel offended at some point. Therefore, such readers should avoid the book as well. I love the storyline and am looking forward to reading other books by Matthew Tysz.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”