Review by Bertha Jackson -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Traffic Court by Mitch Rosen

Review by Bertha Jackson -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Timewise by Robert Leet is a science fiction that revolves around the life of an orphan named Ron and quantum physics. As a teenager earning money playing chess, Ron meets a physic professor, Regina, who takes an interest in him. After graduating from high school, Regina offers to support him while he pursues a college degree by paying him for every “A” he receives. While mentoring Ron through college, Regina meets him periodically and teaches him her view of physics and how it pertains to the universe and time. After he finishes his undergraduate degree in mathematics, he is offered a scholarship to attend the University of Washington at Seattle to study for his PH.D. While pursuing his PH.D., he meets and falls in love with Sheila. He drops out of school, gets married, and goes into business with his wife and father predicting the market. After a few years, Regina contacts Ron and asks him to help with a secret physic project she is working on. There is danger around every corner because if Regina and Ron’s project falls into the wrong hands, it could mean disaster for everyone.

Enter the world of quantum physics, which describes a nondeterministic reality of subatomic particles and waves. Throughout the book, Regina explains the principles of physics and quantum physics that the reader can easily understand. The author has also used pictures and illustrations to help the reader understand the concepts. Through this story, you will learn more about the Big Bang Theory, which was the creation of the universe. You will see how time travels through space and at what speed. You will delve into the black hole theory.

There are multiple things I liked about this book. The author explained the concepts about physics and quantum physics in layman terms that were easy to understand. He used pictures and illustrations in the more difficult areas to help with understanding. The portrayal of the characters is realistic, and I felt like I was there and knew them. The intermingling of love and friendships with the physic concepts made the technical aspect softer.

I would recommend this book to high school students who are thinking about further study in physics. As noted earlier, the explanations of physics and quantum physics are explained in layman terms that are easy to understand. Adults who like romance and mystery will also like this book. There is a lot of mystery surrounding the project. The little bit of sexual content in the book is mild. There is some profane profanity, but it is minimal. Some Christians may be offended by the Big Bang theory.

This is a well-written book that I believe has been professionally-edited because I only found four minor errors in the book. I gladly give this book 4 out of 4 stars. The author has done a fantastic job of writing this book for multiple audiences.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”