Review by bre2014 -- The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bre2014
Favorite Book: The Stolen Heir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bre2014.html
Latest Review: The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by bre2014 -- The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

Post by bre2014 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Stolen Heir" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Before reading The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem, I was not sure I would enjoy reading it let alone be able to write a review on it. Even though the genre of fantasy was something I was familiar with, I was unfamiliar with the author. I was not sure their writing style would connect with me. I am sure that happens with a lot of readers, especially picky ones like me. After reading this book, however, I feel like I can do a review that will give this book its respectful justice.

This book tells the story of two kingdoms, the Thumerians and the Palerians, that live on the continent, Krasoria. There are other kingdoms that exist on this continent, but these two are the focus of the story. These two kingdoms are the biggest and the most powerful, not only in riches but magical abilities. These kingdoms have had a long history together. They can barely get along with each other with so much tension between them. The only thing that keeps them from completely going to war with each other is their peace with each other through marriage. Each generation, one child is chosen to help keep the peace among the royal families of the kingdoms. That is until it is time for the newest generation to get married. It is between Thumerian second-born, Jumen, and Palerian firstborn, Auralia. Everything is great until as the title of the story states, an heir is stolen, their heir, Erik. This sets off a chain of events that finally leads to the tension between the two kingdoms to break into war while bringing forth both good and dark forces who play major roles through it all.

As I before stated, I was not sure how I would feel after reading this book. I have to say after reading it, I have no regrets or complaints. I cannot think of anything to say I disliked most. If I could give it a rating, it would be 4 out of 4. This was from my perspective, professionally written. This was not written and edited by an amateur. Tayma Tameem knew what she was doing with this one. One of the aspects I liked most was how invested I was in the characters. Even though this book is completely fictional, there were plenty of realistic elements, such as division of social class and sibling rivalry. I enjoyed following along with each character as they try to fit in with their world. The villains of the story just added more suspense and tension to the story. You cannot help but wonder what they would do next given each circumstance thrown at them. This book keeps you on your toes and never gets boring. There is always something going on.

In conclusion, I would recommend this book for young teens and older. I would not consider this for a bedtime story for younger children due to the violent nature in many of the scenes. What makes this book so great is the combination of royal kingdoms and magic. I have not read anything up till this point that combines the two. If being rich and living in big palaces was not enough to make them above everyone, now the element of magic to make them superior. This book gives you supernatural elements, romance, the division of social class, comedy, drama, action, and family elements. You will not want to put this book down. It is just too good of a read. I hope future readers enjoy as I have.

The Stolen Heir
View: on Bookshelves
GianKosi77
Favorite Author: M. Curtis McCoy
Currently Reading: Divided World
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giankosi77.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 197138

Post by GianKosi77 »

Definitely you can imagine the tension when the only heir to the throne is stolen! That act alone reveals a lot; the lineage may lose their royalty, the heir could be dead, and what have you. Am eager to read this charming tale to see what transpired.
And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

there were plenty of realistic elements, such as division of social class and sibling rivalry
These make the story relevant and timely. Thanks for the insights.
Mary kadzo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Mary kadzo »

The book makes you suspicious of what will happen next.Will they find the stolen heir?And when they find him will they stop the fight now that they have what they were looking for? I can say this is the best book and it should definitely be the book of the year. The writer makes sure you enjoy sensational romance, drama and above all the supernatural elements. I hope the future readers enjoy it as I did.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”