Review by Purplebooks -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Purplebooks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplebooks.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Purplebooks -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

Post by Purplebooks »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Book I am reviewing is We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz. The book is sort of like stories within a story so you are hearing the story of different people all surrounding Voulhire. It puts me in the mind of the Victorian ages and instantly seemed as if there would be some type of supernatural aspect to the book. I think that anyone that enjoys books that have action, the supernatural, a victorian era feel and switching character points of view would enjoy this book. If you don’t like books with the supernatural and a bit of suggestive language it's not for you.

This book has different characters giving you a taste of what Voulhire is like from different social statuses and cities. It does get a tad bit graphic with the killing but not too much and starts almost immediately with action. It's based around Voulhire and its cities that specialize in different resources. It also has multiple little twists that you don’t necessarily expect but give you a lot of aha moments throughout the book.

The stories of everyone are a lot different from each other and you really get to see the beauty of Voulhire and the different cities from economical stand points. It will truly make you kind of fall in love with Voulhire despite the shortcomings of some of the people. It has many secrets regarding these shortcomings as well and presents them in a way that makes you change views on your favorite characters.

As far as i can see the book was well edited and didn’t have any skips in the grammar. I would give the book a 4 out of 4 because in my honest opinion it is something I would 100% recommend to anyone that asked. It's one you can get lost in like you're in a completely different world and what more can you ask for in a book. I only witnessed like one profanity and a little suggestive language in parts of the book, nothing too bad in my opinion.

The best part about this book is how it was split up with the different characters because it helps you get a better view of their emotions and backgrounds which i love. Books that i have previously read have struggled with that aspect and the fact that i really enjoy this book and get to see the characters i enjoy more than if it were a regular book format is definitely a plus for me. I don’t have anything about the book that I like least that i can think of because i thoroughly enjoyed every second of it this book in every way.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”