Review by imagemaker -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
imagemaker
Currently Reading: The Secret of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imagemaker.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by imagemaker -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

Post by imagemaker »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have just finished reading We Are Voulhire by Mathew Tysz. Very enjoyable. Starts slowly and there were sentences in the beginning that were worded such to slow down the reading.
Other than that, if you like Fantasy/SciFi you will enjoy this. It has definitely set it self up to be a series. It leaves you wanting the next book.

The story is not really about one character, but a people, the people of Voulhire. It focuses on several characters and as the characters begin to interact, it causes the reader to start anticipating what is going to happen. It is a classic good vs. evil tale. You are given enough information throughout the book to expect something to happen and when it does it is not always what you expect. This keeps you reading and not wanting to put the book down.

The story brings about the normal world of a country that doing well, similar to the US at the time of the industrial revolution. There is even a mention of a steam driven vehicle. The people are simple folk, living a simple life. Evil lives nearby, only a few know this. As the story progresses, things start to turn darker for this simple folk.

And where is the "good". It seems to be in the character of Galen. He is a simple young man that is brought to the city of Hillport where evil is being held captive. He has inherited his uncle's estate, complete with a forge. At this time he has no clue what is transpiring.

We are also introduced to the land of magic, a totally different world in its own existence and travelling between worlds is only known by a few.

The story is well written and it puts you in mystery as to what is going to occur. I am looking forward to the entire series, thus I give it 4 stars out of 4

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ace John
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ace-john.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Ace John »

It seems you had a wonderful reading experience with this title. I want to have this as my next book; I hope it is interesting. Nice review!
Jesus is Lord.
(Romans 10:9)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”