Review by Crazy4reading -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Crazy4reading
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazy4reading.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Review by Crazy4reading -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Crazy4reading »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I enjoyed reading Worldlines: A’ Many Worlds ‘Novel by Adam Guest. What if the worldline theory was not just a theory but was real, that every possible scenario that could happen to you in your life happens, but on different worldlines? And to throw a twist on the whole thing, what if you could interact with your other worldlines through lucid dreaming? What I liked most about it was that it made me think outside the box. I couldn’t stop thinking about it, and I am still talking to people about it. What I didn’t like about the book was how it ended.

The novel takes you on a journey with Gary Jackson and his friends, family and community as they explore, experience, and interact with different worldlines that were created when Gary has a close encounter with a lorry, when crossing the street after class. It is a journey that Adam Guest does a masterful job at describing. I found myself right there experiencing all the different timelines of Gary Jackson. And in my head everyone has an English accent.

What if you had a dream where you killed someone? You find yourself dreaming, and you really want to let off some steam and you think, “Oh, it is just a dream. Nothing will really happen to that person”. Well, what if the person really did die?. That is what happens in the book. Gary in one worldline has a dream and kills Michelle in another worldline, because she rejected him, and this causes all kinds of drama. How do you make that right? Well, when Gary discovers that he may have killed someone, he tries to fix it with the help of Sinead, his girlfriend, and Professor Buzzard, and several others. He also is able to get help from another worldline, which adds a whole new set of issues.

Look at the people around you. Do you know why they are in your life right now? What choices and events had to take place to make it all happen? What if there is another version of your life happening in another dimension? It is mind-boggling to think about. And then, what if someone from another worldline could come and change everything by entering your world through a lucid dream? So, when you can’t remember eating the whole chocolate cake, maybe you didn’t eat it, but it was your other self from another worldline.

As you can see, this is a fun book to read and to talk about after. It was professionally written, and I found it captivating. For this reason, I am giving the book 4 out of 4 stars. I wouldn’t recommend this book to children, because of the homicide, some mild profanity and suggestive erotic scenes. And the science stuff would probably be too much. I would recommend it to everyone else.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”