Official Review: Keepers & Destinies by Carl F Brothers

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: Keepers & Destinies by Carl F Brothers

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Keepers & Destinies" by Carl F Brothers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From the beginning of time, the tussle for power has been a cause of war and has left many world leaders at the mercy of their counterparts, unequivocally changing the world's course.

In Keepers & Destinies by Carl F. Brothers, Heaven's empath, Andrea, is excited about her mission on earth. She wants to prove her worth by preventing Armageddon. On earth, she requests the help of Army veteran turned private investigator, James Wexlar, to find a prophet who plays an essential role in her mission. After a series of events, inevitably, Andrea isn't just on earth to prevent Armageddon — there is more to her mission than she knows. With Lucifer's son, Beelzebub, also on earth wreaking havoc, Andrea and James ally to save their worlds. Amid love, hatred, and betrayal, will Andrea's partnership with James suffice for her mission?

Keepers & Destinies is an enthralling novel. The uniqueness of the plot makes it an interesting read. It hooks the reader from the beginning to the end. Each chapter is spellbinding as it doesn't lack content. The author's writing style is top-notch. From the werebeast attacks to Billy's transformation, the author's description creates a vivid picture in the reader's mind. You can feel the emotions of the character and envision images of the scenes. The author takes the reader through a journey of love, pain, sadness, and betrayal.

What I liked most about this book was the character development. Although there were not so many characters, the author's ability to make their scenes play out effortlessly was terrific. It was easy for me to relate to the characters, especially Andrea. Hence, my favorite character in the book was Andrea — her zeal and courage made her a compelling character to follow.

Keepers & Destinies is a fictional novel that can pass for a historical book. The author is unswerving in executing the plot and thus glues the reader to the book.

My only issue with this book was that most sentences were wordy. The author's use of too many words in particular sentences made them difficult to understand quickly. I found myself reading these sentences twice, sometimes thrice to grasp the idea. However, this wasn't enough to crucify the book.

The book was professionally edited, as there were only a few errors in it. I rate it four out of four stars. Overall, Keepers & Destinies was a fascinating and captivating read, and I recommend it to lovers of paranormal thrillers.

Keepers & Destinies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
SweetEchoJenn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetechojenn.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by SweetEchoJenn »

I enjoy paranormal thrillers. I also enjoy a book when I feel the emotions along with the characters. The story sounds modern and compelling. A must read for me. Thanks for the awesome review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Creating a unique plot based on a classic theme isn't easy, and this one has a great development, along with its characters. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

Paranormal thriller, as I understand it to be called, is not my cup of tea. Books like this have a way of twisting my head. I'll pass this one.
HannahsReads
Currently Reading: An Imperfect Crime
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahsreads.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by HannahsReads »

Your review reminds me of the Supernatural TV show. This book sounds quite exciting!
Fabulous mind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulous-mind.html
Latest Review: The Last Panda by L.Z. smith

Post by Fabulous mind »

I enjoyed reading books like this, and I must commend the author too, for an amazing plot. I totally enjoyed the review.
Pearl Akpan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-akpan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Pearl Akpan »

Fiction which could pass as a historical novel. Seems like a paranormal thriller to me. I definitely recommend a reworking, so as to limit the distasteful errors in the book.

Great review overall!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”