Review by martinaunwagu -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
martinaunwagu
Favorite Book: 2612 Cherryhill Lane
Currently Reading: The Raven's Trail (Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martinaunwagu.html
Latest Review: The Cadence of Excellence by Matthew McDarby

Review by martinaunwagu -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by martinaunwagu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Adam Guest based his novel Worldlines, on the Many Worlds theory. According to the book, a Worldline is like an alternate reality borne out of the circumstances of the events. The Many World theory holds that life exists not as universal but as multiverses. Everything is similar in all these worlds, subsequently called Worldlines, but an incident in one Worldline can influence and have other outcome in the other Worldlines. Adam Guest uses four Worldlines in this book. They are; the Black Line, The Blue Line, The Red Line, and The Green Line.

The story centers around a character named Gary Jackson, who was involved in an accident, an accident where the outcome was different in the various Worldlines. In one Worldline Gray was unharmed and went to school at the University College of Southern England. He studied physics and encounters Professor Buzzard, who opened his mind to the Worldline theory. Professor Buzzard while analyzing Gray’s narrow escape from his previous accident in class, opens Gray’s mind to other possibilities that could have played out. As the story unfolds, several scenarios played out, giving different possible outcomes. What happens when one wrong action from Gary one world after the others? Read to find out.

I like the author’s simple style of writing. He is straightforward in delivering his story, despite the complicated science talk. It was easy for someone like me, who isn’t science incline to understand and follow. It is clear the author did a lot of research and was able to communicate his findings simply. The entire narrative is constructed to create a perfect science fiction book, and Adam achieves that perfectly. The book has a perfect balance between the factual and theoretical aspects of the book. I adored the way the author constructs this universe within other universes, taking a complicated paradox and simplifying it.

I also like how the author gracefully jumps from one dimension or Worldline to another without making the reader confused. He was able to achieve this by creating the Black, Blue, Red, and Green Worldline in the story. He also made sure to put the Worldline being represented at the beginning of each chapter for easy identification. Every detail in this story connects with another and there were no pieces of the puzzle left unanswered. It is an amazing story that is not only original. The characters portrayed their roles, giving life to the plot which in turn made the story very compelling.

I dislike that the first few chapters were slow for me, this was however due to the explanations required to put the story in perspective. Readers, therefore, need to be patient and keep reading as it got fascinating along the way. However, the author tends to dwell on irrelevant scenes that makes the story longer. Like the skiing scene with Michelle and Gray, I don’t see the relevance of that scene. The repetition of events in the various Worldlines was also a put off for me, I understand that it is needed for a better understanding of the various outcomes of events. I will, however, implore the author to find creative ways of giving these scenarios without necessarily repeating the stories or events.

I rate the book a 4 out of 4 stars, as it is professionally edited and I enjoyed the story. The book, however, has mild profanity and sexual content. I recommend the book to young adults and adults who are physics lovers, especially those curious about Quantum Physics. This book leaves the reader with some questions. Like, what are lucid dreams and is it attainable? What happens when we sleep or lose consciousness for a while? Where do we go when we dream?

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”