Review by Blaqflower -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blaqflower
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blaqflower.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review by Blaqflower -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko

Post by Blaqflower »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book series keeps getting better and better. This is the second book on the series and it is more intense and detailed. We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz revolves around the city of Voulhire, magic, science and religion. The one thing I love most about this series so far is the fact that it doesn't sugarcoat anything, there is no filter in the thoughts and creations of the author.

Many people would not put themselves in the situation of having to choose who would win should a mage and a priest go into war, and I am almost certain you would be incorrect if you were to take a guess so don't.. instead read this book and see who wins.Having read this book I am confident to say that I am slowly learning the balance between God, magic and science. I keep learning that it is not as simple as it looks but it is also not rocket science.

In the city of Voulhire there are powerful mages as well as powerful priests and it is often hard for them to live in perfect harmony as I am sure you can imagine. The one thing that all these people have in common is that they truly believe in their cause and they are undoubtedly committed to their beliefs. There is one man in particular who is feared by almost everyone in the beautiful city of Voulhire and nobody dare says his name besides those who do not fear him.

I am confidently giving this book a 4 out of 4 rate because it is properly edited and it has not a single typo. The author and/or editor made sure that they give us the best edited and professionally written work. There is however something that some people might not appreciate about the book, it has some profane language and that might make it hard to recommend it to kids or to read it to them. Although it would have been great for kids to know the complexities of the world and to learn that there is more than just religion.

I feel like this book teaches as much as it entertains. There is also some little content about homosexuality and it is good to see that the author doesn't shy away from topics that may make certain people uncomfortable. I genuinely enjoyed and loved this book and I recommend that anyone who wants to just sit back and enjoy this beautiful work of art should get a copy and just get to it. You wont regret it.

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”