Review by Githadun -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Githadun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-githadun.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Review by Githadun -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

Post by Githadun »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is the first book in the We are Voulhire series by Matthew Tysz. The main character in this book is Galen Bray. Galen hails from the land of the princes. A story is told about how the king of this land had four sons who conspired against him. His sons planned to parcel his kingdom equally among themselves once he was overthrown. Therefore, the king decided to remove the four princes from his place, giving each of them a small chain of islands. After two years, the four princes were locked in a civil war. Each prince wanted to have the entire chain of islands, becoming the sole heir to the throne. Twenty years on, the war is still going on. So, when an opportunity comes his way, Galen does not hesitate to leave this land.

Galen embarks on a journey to Magnum Caelum. His great-uncle owns a business there. Galen came to know of his existence just recently. The sad thing is that his uncle is dying, and they might not get a chance to meet. His uncle had hired an executor to look for an heir to his business. That is how Galen was found. How will Galen’s adventure in Magnum Caelum turn out?

What I liked most about this book was the author’s ability to incorporate suspense, humour, and entertainment in his work. I particularly liked the chapters written in Galen’s point of view. The pacing of this book was just right. It was neither too slow nor too fast. The language used was also simple. It was easy for me to read and comprehend.

The author provided a link where the reader can find a guide to common words, places, and historical matters relevant to the people of Voulhire. The only thing I disliked is that clicking on the link for reference was tiresome and time-consuming. It would have been better if the reference guide was incorporated within the book.

I give this book 4 out 4 stars because it was well-edited and adventurous. Only few errors were present. However, these errors were not sufficient for me to deny this book one star. I would like to recommend this book to all lovers of science fiction. Those who like adventure and magic will also enjoy reading it. I can’t wait to read the next book in the We are Voulhire series.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”