Review by Daniel Uche -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Daniel Uche
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-uche.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Daniel Uche -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's...

Post by Daniel Uche »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Someone Else’s End by Matthew Tysz is the third book of We Are Voulhire novel series. It’s a continuation of the adventures of the three friends, Galen Bray, Rowan, and Demetrius. A month after the attack on the city of Virko, the trio is faced with ceaseless worry over the state of Virko. Hence, they embark on a journey to the capital city of Soulhire to meet the King. The story reveals that Virko is under the influence of some powerful dark forces and needs saving from total extinction. They are to join forces with King Wilhelm to save the city. However, unknown to them is the fact that no where is safe as Soulhire is under greater attacks from the displeased Emperor of Lullabies. This book is made up of 114 pages with the chapters devoted to the character names on which the narratives focus on. The series seems to get more interesting and suspense-filled. The author’s style of writing is based on a diverse plot line which makes it difficult to drop the book. However, this book needs to be read after the two previous books on the series to better grasp the thrust of the entire storyline.

I like the author’s choice of words and excellent grammatical structures. The characters’ personalities are fully revealed by what they say which is one thing I loved about the book. Characters such as Meldorath, Nartik, Rowan, and Demetrius are quite interesting in their narrations.The events description is very imaginative and enthralling. It grips the reader until the end. Tysz also develops a few old characters that weren’t that significant in previous books. We see Lucius Nartik becoming the center of attraction in this storyline. He becomes more interesting and leaves one in wonder. I find the character relatively absurd.

What I liked about the book is the vivid description of scenes. The plot is so imaginative and amazing. The characters demonstrate so much power and bravery. Demetrius is particularly captivating here. He seems adventurous, selfless, and heroic. He shows the ability to uncover even the deepest mysteries and is ever on the move. It is thrilling imagining a character with traits such asTysz portrays him: an adventurous, brave, selfless, sophisticated, and powerful monk. I enjoyed going through his narrations, he seems like the savior Voulhire needs.

I particularly did not like the inconsistencies in the style of narration. Some characters have a stand as the narrator while others are introduced from the third person point of view. This makes it difficult for a new reader to identify major characters. I will recommend the author sticks to one style of narration.

For the above reasons, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I was not sure if the series deserves such a rating while reading the previous books but this third book has fully erased my doubts. The characters are fully developed and the scene description more in-depth. I will recommend this book to all dark-fantasy lovers. I’m looking forward to the subsequent books, I hope they assure my wonders.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”