Official Review: Ark of the Chimeron by Justin Grimmett

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ayoomisope
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 84
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: "Yea, Has God said...?" by John O. Grimley

Official Review: Ark of the Chimeron by Justin Grimmett

Post by ayoomisope »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ark of the Chimeron" by Justin Grimmett.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

… In the next instant, Rebekah felt Creature’s smile spread across her own face. She tried to will him away, but this only seemed to provoke him further. Her jaw snapped wide in a perfect replica of its evil smile …

Imagine life in unknown universes and realms, as well as beings and astral creatures having enhanced abilities. Astounding, right? Do you want to find out more? Then you should pick up Ark of the Chimeron: Creature from the Black Nebula.

A massive explosion shook the city of Las Vegas and brought the city to ruins. A virus is on the loose—the thrill kill virus, which causes its victims to become murderous. Humans come together to fight the virus by creating Chimeron (creatures with enhanced abilities), but unknown to the humans, there are more sinister forces at play. The war is not just their fight, and alas, they are not alone in the universe and beyond.

Ark of the Chimeron: Creature from the Black Nebula is unlike any other I’ve read. Justin Grimmett writes in such a peculiar way, incorporating morals in his tale. Humans, though faced with huge problems, show remarkable survivability and strength. In this book, compassion and sacrifice are expressed by people who have suffered a great deal of loss. There is so much to the story than just science fiction; the characters express emotions—rage, anger, malice, jealousy, and deceit—that define them and make this book distinctive.

The writing is unique, detailing especially interesting characters in a compendious way. The vivid prose instantly transported me to the world of this great tale. The plot, overall, is intriguing and captivating. If you like outstanding page-turners, I highly recommend that you read this book. The writer keeps you guessing with an unpredictable end. I must say the first half of this book left me speechless, and the unexpected twist blew my mind. However, the end was a bit disappointing; the book finishes with a slow pace. Also, in the middle of the book, there is a bit of sloppiness in the plot; it felt as if the writer was going in circles.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Asides from the slowed momentum in the middle of the book, I absolutely loved this book. This book is the first in its series, and it definitely did justice to the title. It is exceptionally well-edited (kudos to the editor) and devoid of vulgar language. But there are a few gory scenes, so it is not suitable for a younger audience. I recommend this book for avid science fiction readers who love a bit of drama and dark humor.

Ark of the Chimeron
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot

SamaylaM
Currently Reading: The Shoeshine Boy
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by SamaylaM »

It sounds like an intense read! I enjoyed reading your review a lot because it gave me a good grasp of the fascinating plot without ruining the anticipation. Great work! :)

NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Currently Reading: The Gryphon
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Shadow Pantheon by Eric Nierstedt

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems an intriguing novel that also offers some food for thought. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Dreamer80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreamer80.html
Latest Review: How Trends Make You A Smarter Investor by Gabrielle Dahms

Post by Dreamer80 »

I feel sad that such an amazing book had a disappointing end but then I guess that's a subjective opinion, another reader may appreciate it. Anyway this was a very well written book review!

Dreamer80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreamer80.html
Latest Review: How Trends Make You A Smarter Investor by Gabrielle Dahms

Post by Dreamer80 »

God your review is so full of imagery. It's sad that the plot had such flaws, but this review was a treat to read and makes me want to get down to it ASAP. Thank you so much!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”