Review by Budhal -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Budhal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-budhal.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Budhal -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under...

Post by Budhal »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fantasy has been a growing phenomenon in the world of literature. For centuries, people across the world have told stories of magic, the supernatural, larger than life people, heroes, and villains. Who can ever forget the magical world of Harry Potter? Now, if you are someone who really enjoyed reading Harry Potter, you would definitely enjoy reading this book that I am going to talk about. Because I know fantasy novels are anything but boring.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies is a fiction novel written by Matthew Tysz. It revolves around Galen, a refugee who has escaped from his war-torn home and immigrated to Voulhire. Galen plans to lead a peaceful and fulfilling life in Voulhire unknown to the fact that this new land has its own secrets and cruel past. What are those secrets? What happened in the past of Voulhire? Will Galen’s hope for a peaceful life be fulfilled? Well, I don’t want to ruin it and therefore leaving it here for you to find out what happens next.

But to say that this novel is only about Galen would be wrong because each and every character in this book has their own story to tell. Any character in this novel is as fascinating as Galen’s character. But my most favorite character has to be Rowan. He is an executor who helps Galen to immigrate to Voulhire and later becomes his friend. I really liked Rowan’s outspoken personality and his banter with Demetrius. The dialogue between them felt natural and was refreshingly humorous.

There is suspense and buildup as the story unfolds. It is full of twists and turns. The author has penned the story in a very extraordinary way. The structure of the novel is unusual, combining first and third-person narrative. For the most part, the narration is in the third person, except that for Galen, who is narrated in the first person.

I must say the author’s way of narration is flawless and so are his writing skills. The detailed descriptions of the places and surroundings in the book are remarkable. The book is professionally edited because I could not find more than two errors while reading. Honestly, there is nothing that I disliked about it.

Due to the above-mentioned reasons, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies deserves 4 out of 4 stars. I was completely under the author’s spell and the story felt so alive that it was like watching a movie. This book would definitely appeal to people who love reading fantasy stories, and I strongly recommend it. People under 18 years of age can also read this book since it does not contain any censored content.  

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
What isn't said is as important as what is said.
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Fortune Cats Walking the Dog by Dave Hutchinson

Post by Sou Hi »

I also like the relationship between Rowan and Demetrius. Thanks to their banters, the story is more humorous and less depressing.
Budhal
Currently Reading:

Post by Budhal »

Sou Hi wrote: ↑15 Sep 2020, 21:30 I also like the relationship between Rowan and Demetrius. Thanks to their banters, the story is more humorous and less depressing.
Indeed! Their banter was refreshingly witty. Thank you for sharing your opinion about the book :tiphat:
Divergent_2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divergent-2020.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Divergent_2020 »

I just read and reviewed this book too. I must say, you did a way better job though. I also enjoyed this book!
Budhal
Currently Reading:

Post by Budhal »

Divergent_2020 wrote: ↑17 Sep 2020, 04:38 I just read and reviewed this book too. I must say, you did a way better job though. I also enjoyed this book!
Thank you for stopping by.
Erandi Ekanayake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erandi-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Erandi Ekanayake »

I also just read and reviewed this book. Now I'm looking forward to reading the second book as well. I enjoyed your review very much. Great work!
Budhal
Currently Reading:

Post by Budhal »

Erandi Ekanayake wrote: ↑22 Sep 2020, 06:35 I also just read and reviewed this book. Now I'm looking forward to reading the second book as well. I enjoyed your review very much. Great work!
Thank you for taking the time out to read my review.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: Create the Life You Want by Raymond P. Gerson

Post by Ellylion »

I love the exchanges between Rowan and Demetrius too :D This book is a very good introduction to the series! Thanks for a great review! :)
Budhal
Currently Reading:

Post by Budhal »

Ellylion wrote: ↑08 Oct 2020, 12:56 I love the exchanges between Rowan and Demetrius too :D This book is a very good introduction to the series! Thanks for a great review! :)
Yes, it is! Thank you for sharing.
justhereader
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavenderbooks20.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by justhereader »

The author’s writing style is praise-worthy. The descriptions are very vivid, indeed. Thanks for this great review.
Budhal
Currently Reading:

Post by Budhal »

lavenderbooks20 wrote: ↑12 Oct 2020, 04:06 The author’s writing style is praise-worthy. The descriptions are very vivid, indeed. Thanks for this great review.
Thank you :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”