Review by epingley896 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
epingley896
Favorite Book: The One
Currently Reading: Strange the Dreamer
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-epingley896.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review by epingley896 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

Post by epingley896 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Matthew Tysz's, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, is a novel based in the fantasy country of Voulhire. The king, upon seeing his son's turning on each other in attempts to win the throne, thought his sons were plotting to overthrow him, and therefore sent them away. Each son was sent to an island with riches enough to keep the son comfortable. But soon civil war breaks out across Voulhire, and one of the four sons, Galen, returns to his home to change everything.

The world-building in this book was amazing. Seeing how short the book is, Tysz did a great job of explaining the world and Voulhire itself. The book had just the right amount of suspense to make it impossible to put down. Tysz has a very significant writing style, very different from anything I've read before, but it was quite dignified and I liked it a lot.

4 out of 4 stars is my rating for the novel. I found no errors to note on, and with the book being so short it was very well edited. I very much enjoyed the magic system in Voulhire, although I wish we got to see more of it. I also wish the book was a bit longer, it seemed a bit cramped, and I think it could have had more detail.

Giving this book less than four stars seems impossible. Sure, some parts could be improved, but there were just so many elements to the book that was so beautifully put together that I can't degrade it to less than it is.

Fans of fantasy and sci-fi will love this book, it has great magic and wonderful world-building. Readers who are more into romance and smut, look elsewhere. This book doesn't waste time on cheesy love stories.

Overall, great read, and ready to read the next installment!

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”