Review by Radhika_puri -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Radhika_puri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-puri.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Review by Radhika_puri -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

Post by Radhika_puri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a science-fiction novel. The book took us to a kingdom named Voulhire, telling us the details of the kingdom. Certain characters are introduced in the book which helps to make the plot. The abilities of each type of character, whether it's supernatural or human is explained very well. Mystery is maintained very well in the whole book. The book contains the story of a boy named Galen Bray. He came from ‘The Land of Princes’ this place is always engaged in wars. His uncle a blacksmith in Voulhire sent him papers so that he can move to Voulhire.

He was very happy for the chance of getting away from the place where he won't know when his life will end. He saw hope in this situation, and he grabbed the opportunity to go and explore the new place Voulhire. After reaching Voulhire, he met Rowan, his uncle’s executor. Rowan helps him to settle in the new life. Galen came to know more about the place and started feeling comfortable, but still an uneasy feeling about the place is there. Various mysterious activities were taking place under king Wilhelm’s rule. Many mysteries unfold as the story progresses.

I liked the way the author has written the story. It was the best mystery novel I have read so far. The relations between the characters were explained very well like Rowan and Galen’s relation; Relation of Lord Eldus with his family and the king. I liked the magical part present in the book. The mages and other creatures from another world are a new thing to read about.

The thing I liked the most about the book is the engaging story line and the way it was written. It was interesting and the details of places, people were helpful in imagining the scene. The map at the start of the book helps a lot in understanding the territory of Voulhire. The thing I didn't like about the book is that the main idea of the book was not highlighted. It was confusing to know what is the main thing the book is talking about. The lack of numbering of pages was also a problem I had faced while reading.

I want to give this book four out of four stars. I give it four stars because of the plot and the way it is explained. I didn't give it three stars as I liked the book a lot. I didn’t find any error while reading the book. So, I think it is professionally edited.

I want to recommend this book to the people who love to read fantasy and mystery books. There was a presence of profanities in the book. Some mild sexual references were also present in the book, but the book doesn't contain extremely graphic scenes. There was violence present in the book. The people having problems with such things will not be comfortable while reading.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”