Review by Priscilla Tee -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Priscilla Tee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priscilla-tee.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Review by Priscilla Tee -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

Post by Priscilla Tee »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

WE ARE VOULHIRE A New Arrival Under Great Skies By Matthew Tysz

Galen lived all his life in The land Of The Princes. A town engulfed by sibling rivalry. The severe sibling rivalry that was accompanied by war and led by the dangerous weapon of hate. Death by the sword or starvation was the modus operandi in this place. At that point survival was his only way of life. One day he received documents that changed his life, gave him hope and another chance in life. His estranged uncle living in Voulhire passed away and had sent for Galen to inherit all his wealth and run his business. Galen felt blessed in immeasurable ways, and he would forever remain grateful to his uncle.

He arrived in a small town called Magnum Caelum in Voulhire after a very long trip. Magnum Caelum was a place very different from his place and time. It was a place of opportunities, and wealth. It gave him hope and dreams. He did have trouble adapting to his new life, but he was thankful for it and the opportunities it provided. Magnum Caelum was indeed a beautiful place filled with lights, wealth and opportunities. The people in this place were fast-paced hard workers. Every day was an adventure for Galen, but what he didn't know was that his new home was a breathing ground for the enemy. A place under siege. Voulhire was home to the most dangerous men, and continually suffered attacks from their enemy Riva Rohavi. Will Galen be able to survive as he always did?

We are voulhire A New Arrival Under Great Skies is a sci-fi fiction told from both a first and third-person perspective. It takes the reader way back in time. It portrays the values, resources, and traditions left behind by time. The book reveals the world led by kings and protected by the knights, warriors, and empresses. A world buried deep under the dangerous use dark powers. The book focuses on hard work, wealth, and magic. It reveals in great detail the supernatural power that some people possess.

The book entails the hard truth of the world and how unfair it can be. It shows in great significance the well known survival of the fittest. What I like and enjoyed about this book is that it took a different perspective in addressing issues already known to mankind. I like the theme and the language the author used throughout the book, it was very authentic and intriguing. The other thing i like is the diversity of the places in this book, the author even provided a map of all the places the book entails.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 as it was professionally edited and there's honestly nothing to complain about. I recommend this book to those in appropriate ages as there's use of profanity and violence.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”