Review by Phelicia Gloria -- Jane Grace: Library of Light

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Phelicia Gloria -- Jane Grace: Library of Light

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Jane Grace: Library of Light" by Trace Sonnleitner.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever thought of the impact of the nuclear weapon that was dropped at Nagasaki and Hiroshima? I guess many families were displaced, people died, the economy of the country was also interfered with. This is what the book Jane Grace: Library of Light by Trace Sonnleitner is all about.

Jane wakes up from a dream, she was dreaming about her parents; she doesn’t know if her parents survived. This is the nightmare Jane faced almost every night after the war that left less than one million survivors on earth. Rubelle is one of the cities where the survivor’s lives and Jane belonged here. Together with Lander (her childhood friend) and Henry, they help the survivors at Rubelle build bridges that were damaged after the war. The unexpected happens when Jane was chosen to represent Rubelle and go to New Atlantis to meet David Trimester, who has a goal of creating a new world for the survivors. They share this goal with Jane. When in Atlantis Jane experience a lot of things that she can’t wait to share with the survivors at Rubelle, more specifically Lander. Did Jane’s parents survive? Did Jane meet Lander and share her experience at Atlantis? Find out.

The 170 paged novel is divided into 42 short chapters, each chapter is a build-up of the other. Sonnleitner uses a variety of styles in her writing, for example, dialogue, poetry, and story within a story.

There are numerous positive characteristics in the book. More specifically, was the style of “a story within a story” where the author brought different stories, especially when Jane and Lander were talking. This broke the monotony when I was reading. The author’s writing style makes the novel easy to read, understand, and become lost in the world that he has created. The book is neither fast nor slow, it is well-paced. Trace also did a wonderful job in character development. They are all unique and practical.

I never met any major dislike in the book. I only met a number of grammatical errors that would make me believe that the book was not professionally edited. Despite the errors, I would say the author did not disappoint.

It’s my pleasure to rate this book 3 out of 4 stars I never gave it full rating due to the grammatical errors I met. I would recommend this book to those individuals who like fiction stories.

Jane Grace: Library of Light
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

A futuristic drama thriller. Hmm. Sounds intriguing. Thanks for a detailed review!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
pablo10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo10.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by pablo10 »

I'm guessing this is an apocalyptic dystopian novel. I always find books that deal with the aftermath of war to be a fascinating read. Thanks for the in-depth review.
honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino

Post by honesty_pays »

What a touching review. It felt the surprise through janes eyes. I might give this a try
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino
123Esther
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-123esther.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by 123Esther »

Sad, Jane must be going through a rough time but she still chooses to help others who are in the same situation as her, incredible Simple and detailed review Phelicia.
" You only know that which you have experienced, the rest you are taught"
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

This is such a heartbreaking story. War is too disastrous and no one should be keen on destroying lives in that manner.

You’ve done a great job here.
Rashida10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashida10.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD

Post by Rashida10 »

I heard that the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings were very catastrophic. I'll have to read this book to be able to get more information about the events surrounding the bombings. I enjoyed your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”