Review by dsir -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under G...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dsir
Currently Reading: Beyond The Threshold
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dsir.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by dsir -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under G...

Post by dsir »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For over twenty years Gelan Bray had known nothing but War. When the opportunity to vacate his war-torn homeland landed it was a tremendous consolation. His life was full of miseries to the extent that he appreciated them. His uncle had sent for him to inherit his property at Magnum Caelum.

We are Voulhire a new arrival under great skies by Matthew Tysz is about the Voulhirian kingdom which was well-off. The citizens looked up at the King as the champion of their achievement. The founding king, Idus was held in high esteem for his legacy correlated with no other. Accordingly, the subjects extended their generousness to the king.

The initial pages reflect the geographical position of towns, rivers, and mountains as the book unfolds. Moreover, the narrator expresses the nation's way of life and the identity of the characters. In the story, the magical and physical worlds interrelate.

We can connect with the challenges facing the king, appetite for sovereignty, and dishonesty. Mostly, I like the suspense the author builds as he inaugurates new personalities. Hence, creating curiousness to learn more about the series. We Are Voulhire forms a strong foundation for other books in the succession. There is no single aspect I do not like about the book.

It is a science fiction novel. The writer developed the characters well to make the story fascinating. He used the first and third-person narrative techniques. Additionally, the first-person narrative style helps us understand the perspective of the characters implicated. I would recommend the book to the sci-fi genre enthusiasts. Because the publication is professionally edited I rate it 4 out of 4 stars .The book has no sexual content and has limited oversights.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”