Review by prachi29 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
prachi29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prachi29.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by prachi29 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

Post by prachi29 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Galen Bray has only known how to survive each day. He has managed to survive in his war-torn homeland, Land of Princes, for almost 28 years. Suddenly, he is given the opportunity to leave his miseries behind and start a new life in the kingdom of Voulhire. He starts his journey to Voulhire as a refugee. Voulhire is a peaceful and prosperous kingdom. King Wilhelm Arcolo often struggles to maintain this peace in his kingdom. There are unseen threats that loom over Voulhire. Lord Eldus Alderman is a former judge of Soulhire and he has been assigned to rescue the town of Hillport and allow it to move on from the bitter memories of that unspeakable incident.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a fantasy novel. The book follows the journey of Galen Bray as he gets used to his new home, the town of Magnum Cealum. At the same time, the book also focuses on the new task assigned to Lord Eldus Alderman in the town of Hillport. The themes explored in the book are friendship, loyalty and family bonds. In the book, fantasy elements like magic, mages and other world or realm are also mentioned. The book gives a first-hand narration of the behind the scene dirty politics. This is the first book in an ongoing series of nine books.

I liked the fact that the author provided a very thorough built up for every incident in the book. The book has many parallel plots which are eventually brought together in the climax. There are no missing links and every plot point is smartly finished. This kept me guessing until the end and made the book interesting to read. The ending gave hints about the second book and left me in anticipation about it. The book was professionally well edited.

I only disliked the fact that due to several parallel plots, it was hard to keep track of all of them. Also, in the middle, the book became less interesting. The book ended with a cliffhanger, so, I do not recommend it to someone, who does not like an incomplete story in a single book.

I recommended this book to teenagers because they will be able to relate to the story, but people from any age group will enjoy reading it. I give this book 3 out of 4 ratings because I enjoyed reading it. I did not give this book a 2 rating because I did not particularly dislike it. And I did not give this book a 4 rating because, at several parts, the book became less interesting to read.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”