Review by Noilaus -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Noilaus
Currently Reading: Russia Hoax
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noilaus.html
Latest Review: Marco Martinez by R M Allan

Review by Noilaus -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Noilaus »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It so happened that when Gary Jackson, William, and Henry were going to school for their exams, Gary was almost hit by a lorry when crossing the road, because of the delay caused by picking up the pen which dropped from his upper pocket. The survival granted him the chance to ask Michelle out. Gary fancied Michelle Peyton and with the help of Sinead, their best friend, he managed to win her love.

During the course of their courtship, Michelle and Gary decided to go to Italy for skiing. In Italy, their delightful adventure was ruined by a terrible accident of colliding into each other which left Michelle with broken ribs. However, this did not ruin their relationship and when they returned home, Michelle suggested that she wasn't going to be able to attend Sinead's birthday party due to her painful condition she was in; but when Gary was set to go without her, Michelle surprised him when she showed up ready for the party with him.

At the party, everything was rosy for Gary until the time when he found himself in the pool of blood whilst lying on the floor. It took him time to know that actually, that was Michelle's blood. After his consciousness was restored, he was alarmed that he will be in custody for Michelle's murder. This is a summary of one worldline storyline.Wordlines by Adam Guest is a book that is written in view of a scientific theory, which states that there is a possibility that the result gotten from what happens in one worldline at a certain moment, might not give the same results in another worldline, or it may not even happen in there.

The book is written in an illustration of this theory. Gary's story is told in different storylines in different worldline, giving out the thought to be the possible outcome of every incident and moment. In one worldline, Gary Jackson was hit by a lorry, as a result, he didn't make it to write his high school finals neither did he ask Michelle out, so he ended up being with Sinead.

I liked how Adams captured the reader's attention strategically by starting a chapter on the tensest scene, initiating a quest to find out how that happened, why it happened, and how it ended: Like the scene where Gary just found himself pressed against the floor by Marcus, without knowing what was happening. I kept guessing to the end whether Michelle really died or not, was Gary really innocent for her death as he claimed? These are just some of the questions which were running in my mind as I was reading this book, and even though answers were given in other storylines, I seemed not to be satisfied till the end because the book also created mixed emotions in me which were left in suspense. I liked the effort the author made to clarify the worldline's idea and theory, it helped me grasp clearly what some terms meant, like lucid dreaming. The only thing that lowered my liking was the use of some medical terms. However, there is nothing I disliked about this book.

The book is written in Gary Jackson, the narrating character's voice, first-person information writing all, which gave a touch of clarity to all storylines.

I assume that the book was professionally edited for it has no serious grammatical, typo, spelling, or punctuation errors, except for that which is under the author's licensed usage I guess.

This book can appeal to a number of audiences like romance, adventure, crime, mystery, suspense, and science fiction fans. Because the content is a: romance story that resulted in crime along the way and the suspect refused to confess being guilty of it despite the visible evidence provided against him, but rather he hoped in mystery to prove his innocence. People who are not interested in scientific mysteries and other listed genres above can skip this one.

Overall, I rate this book four out of four stars because of its captivating tone, well-edited content and smooth flow writing style. I could find no reason for rating it lower than four stars because the work is well-organized in this paradox sort of novel that not even the medical terms did choke my read.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
WE BELIEVE IN EXCELLENCE.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”