Review by Jona00baka -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jona00baka
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jona00baka.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Jona00baka -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

Post by Jona00baka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a science fiction novel in which the writer writes about the young man,Galen Bray, from the Land of the Princes who travels to Magnum Caelum to inherit his uncle's,Galen Onita, properties which include a house and the business. The uncle sent his nephew, Galen, but he dies a week before his nephew arrives. Before his death, he was the blacksmith in Voulhire. Galen Bray is welcomed by the mayor of Magnum Caelum then he meets his uncle's executor, who orientates him about the system of the new land that he is in. He also helps him take over Onita Steel. Rowan and Galen become good friends. The young man is glad to be in the new land that he is in unlike when he was in the Land of the Princes, where there are alot of conflicts and wars.

The novel clearly explains Voulhire and its great cities: what they do, rivers in it and mountains not forgetting their names. It explains these including their location which is giving a picture of what the place looks like. And it also explains the leadership of king Wilhelm Arcolo who works hard to deal with the corrupt council called Mianoran Council. This is to prevent royal succession claimant and stealing of inheritance.

Without holding a word, I say the writer is professional and he has done a great job in writing this novel. It has not been easy to predict the next action because the writer has kept me in suspense throughout the story. This has helped me keep on reading the story to the very end. The way Tysz has described places and different events in the novel, it has been as if am watching a movie. There are enough details to help in mind picturing of the events. I am also impressed with how the parts of the story have been demarcated and reconnected.

The novel has focused on several themes which include; leadership,business and death. A lot of leaderships have been described in the novel from the beginning where Galen Bray comes from,in the Land of the Princes, to the end where he inherits his uncle's property in Voulhire. Business is what people are doing in the story and it includes trade. Finally, there has been alot of deaths occurring from the death of Onita to the deaths of other characters during the attack by Riva, Mianora and Meldorath.

I have liked the plot of the story which is straightforward to me. It is good, well-structured and simple to follow through. There are no a lot of twists. This has made it easy for me to follow the story. Characters in the story have been well built and well connected which increases the fascination of the story. I found very few errors which did not affect my reading. So I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it is professionally edited. And I would recommend it to young adults who love fantasy and sci-fi stories.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”