Review by Tayejim1 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tayejim1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayejim1.html
Latest Review: Manning Up:(PoesyEssays Of Women's Interest) by Mr.Bigmann Grier

Review by Tayejim1 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

Post by Tayejim1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagine being stuck in a city where living conditions are woeful and future prospects are bleak. What would be your reaction if you were given an opportunity to leave? I believe you would run as fast as your legs could carry you. This is the situation Galen finds himself at the onset of this story. This thrilling introduction lays the foundation of Matthew Tysz's book titled; We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies.

Galen's life made a U-turn when his late uncle chose him to be his heir. Born and bred in one of the island cities of the princes, all he has ever known is hardship, war, deprivation, poverty, and desperation. In a sudden turn of events, however, Galen now finds himself on the way to Voulhire. One would think that it would be bliss and perfection for residents of Voulhire. But in reality, life is dynamic. Therefore, unexpected events are bound to occur.

This novel is filled with intriguing and complex plots. Lord Eldus Alderman's mission in the city of Hillport is an interesting part of the story. The characters were well-developed. King Wilhelm is a likable personality who had his fair share of challenges. The people of Riva Rohavi also contributed much to the twists in the story. I learned much about the art of forging from this book. It was enlightening to discover the different types of steel and their uses.

The narrative of the story had a smooth flow. The grammar is simple and devoid of technical terms. At the beginning of the book, there is a comprehensive map of Voulhire and its districts. As I read on, I kept going back to the map to locate cities of interest. This made the story more engaging. The part of the story I love most was the ingenuity displayed by the Emperor of Lullabies. When he learned that his sons were devising an evil scheme to overthrow him, he found a wise way to disperse them. However, a major portion of the book is devoted to magic and the supernatural. Religiously sensitive readers might lack interest in such themes. A little more humor in the dialogue would have made the story much more interesting as well.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was professionally edited. The story is engaging and believable. It is also devoid of erotic content. Fans of historical fiction would find this book to be fascinating.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”