Review by The_Vivian -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
The_Vivian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-vivian.html
Latest Review: Shield Down by William de Berg

Review by The_Vivian -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

Post by The_Vivian »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Everything is falling apart, in the once thriving city of Voulhire. With King Wilhelm dead (Killed by the Emperor of Lullabies), and the Rohavian soldiers destroying the towns, one after the other, will Voulhire turn out to be like the Lands of the Princes, or will there be a miracle.

This, and many more were the thoughts I had, even as I went on an adventure, through the eyes, and mind of Galen Bray, the brave refugee from the Lands of the Princes. His adventurous journey took him from one town in trouble, to the next, all in the great city of Voulhire.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else’s End is the third book in the fantasy series by Matthew Tysz. It is about the conquering of yet again, another town in Voulhire. This time, it is the capital (Soulhire), and, as per the usual, Galen, and his companions (Rowan and Demetrius) are present to witness the attack, and the end of the life, and reign of King Wilhelm. However, the never-ending adventure continues when their home (Magnum Caelum) is attacked by another villain (The Riva Rohavi), and they have to seek refuge in another town, in the very large city of Voulhire. With so many villains, and so many evil plans unaccomplished, will Galen survive in this new city, or is he going to escape as he did the Lands of the Princes.

In this third book, the author analyzed a lot of negative attributes, such as, betrayals, selfish ambitions, viciousness, and quest for vengeance, showcased by some characters, which in turn, had destructive consequences. This would remind the readers that “for every action, there is always a reaction.”

However, besides the structure of the book in terms of language, and the sentences used, what I liked most about the book is the underlying message as stated above (for every action, there is a reaction). I disliked nothing about this book as it was exceptionally flawless. I have read this series from the first book up until this third book, and the author always seems to know how to amaze his readers with his mind, and his pen.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is well written, and professionally edited. It is also captivating, and would keep readers glued from the first page to the last. I really loved the author’s choice of words, even though I had no idea what some of them meant at a first glance. I would recommend this book to everyone who enjoys fantasy, and adventurous books. Although, the use of profane words is habitually repeated in this book, I do not think it is enough reason to stop a teenager from enjoying this book. It is however, not for children under the age of 13.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Yes, the author is exceptionally good at leaving the reader in awe. Like, I totally didn't expect the nightynight to come at all. I thought if the trial was going to be disturbed, it would be from Voulhire's people.
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I have not read any of the books in this series yet, but the reviews are always complimentary. There are no shortage of villains in Voulhire it seems! Thank you for an interesting review.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Saint Bruno
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I just finished the first book in this series so I agree with your insights. Thanks for the recommendation as I look forward to reading this one!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

This looks like an interesting series. The author does a good job of maintaining the readers' interest to keep reading the next book. Thanks for the motivating recommendation!
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

I did this book sometimes back and would say Matthew is a great writer as he continues to leave his authors on suspense. Galen was my favourite character.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
_Bokeh
Favorite Book: The King of May
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bokeh.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by _Bokeh »

Just finished the book today and I loved it, just like its prequels. Matthew Tysz is definitely a great writer and after reading these three books, he is one of my favourite authors. Too bad his fourth and fifth books aren't available for me to review. Is there a way I can request to review them if they're not on my list?
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

Wow, so in first book, the focus town is Hillport, the second book focuses on Virko, and the third book focuses on Soulhire. It got me thinking, what would the fourth book focus on?
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

I like that you explore the themes of the book in the review. It sounds like an interesting series, I would like to read it. Thank you for the detailed review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”