Review by Mantha1 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mantha1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mantha1.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review by Mantha1 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

Post by Mantha1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a fantasy novel about a special nation known as Voulhire. This place could be said to be a nation with many talents that have in turn made it prosperous. Due to the war that had been going on for ages in the lands of the princes, led by the sons of the emperor, many sought a place of refuge in Voulhire. One of such people was Galen Bray, a young man whose great uncle was a successful blacksmith in Magnum Caelum, a city in Voulhire, and had sent for him before he passed away; to inherit his business.

Galen couldn’t have been happier at the opportunity, even though he had never met his great uncle for once in his life. He was willing to move far away from the home or what was left of the home he had known all his life, that had now been destroyed by war. After scaling through an eventful voyage, Galen, who had been humbled by war, had to learn to adapt to a new life in Magnum Caelum as the heir to his great uncle's successful forge business. Although he had big shoes to fill, he was willing to learn and move his way up gradually.

The first thing that caught my attention when I picked up this book was the personality of the author. He described himself as one who loves watching people and building little stories out of his predictions of men and women. I was curious to discover the result of his imaginations through this book, and I am pleased to say that Matthew Tysz did not disappoint me. I enjoyed the adventure he took me through in this book.

Also, I liked the progression of chapters and how the author was able to navigate between the first-person narrative which he used for the main character, Galen, and the third person narrative which he used for others. This made the story unique in its own way, and I applaud the author for that. One other thing that caught my fancy was the suspense in this novel, this element got me excited as I wanted more of what the author had to offer in the pages of this book. I could tell from this book that the rest of the series will be just as mind-blowing as this one. The author also added the map of Voulhire, which I thought was a brilliant idea because it helped to know the locations of the different cities.

What’s not to like about this fantastic novel, I believe there is none because I can’t categorically say that there is anything I dislike about this book. In fact, I look forward to reading the other books in the collection as this is the first of nine series. I am almost certain that this book was thoroughly edited by professionals because I didn’t notice any errors. I had a great time reading this book a lot which is why I am happy to rate it four out of four stars. If you enjoy reading fantasy novels, then this book will definitely appeal to you.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”