Review by RoleySloth -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RoleySloth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roleysloth.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by RoleySloth -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

Post by RoleySloth »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

War ravages the Land of Princes, many travel to the safe and prosperous lands of Voulhire to start a new life. But is all as peaceful as it seems? Lord Meldorath has been pronounced dead, the Riva Rohavi have supposedly disappeared and King Wilhem appears to rule with much love and devotion. This novel follows the lives of Galen a refugee from the Land of the Princes and his new found riches, King Wilhelm the ruler of Voulhire, Lord Eldus the new ruler of Hillport and many other characters as they are chalenged by new beginnings, magic, war and politics.

There were a multitude of things that I liked about We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, by Matthew Tysz. The illustrated map provided the readers with a reference point to understand the layout of Voulhire. The author providing a guide to Voulhire also ensured the reader did not feel lost and was completed in an easy to read format. I also enjoyed the titles of each chapter; they were a fun way to ensure the reader knew which character this chapter was dedicated to and sometimes where this chapter was occurring. My favourite element of this books was the design of each character. There were several characters that the reader got to experience, which made it incredibly nice that each character was unique, witty in different ways and in general exceptionally enjoyable to read about. Each character for me bought a unique feeling with them, whether that be dislike, disgust, joy or admiration. Matthew Tysz allowed me to experience these emotions with each character and was able to do this within its short 151 pages. This exceptionally well written book left me wanting more.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. I enjoyed how you got to witness certain characters from a variety of viewpoints. This allowed for a very comprehensive understanding on who these characters were. I also enjoyed the way the author provided the reader with important information through storytelling and through detailed descriptions. The story line flowed nicely and has made me very excited to read the next books in this series to continue to follow this story.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I give it this rating as this book was written exceptionally well, did not have any spelling or grammatical errors that I noticed, and it had an enjoyable story line and collection of characters which made reading this book a breeze. I would also happily recommend this book to other fantasy lovers. I recommend this to an audience who is 18 or older as there are some erotic scenes/descriptions. This book would most likely appeal to readers who are both old and new to the fantasy genre, as it is easy to read and has very thorough descriptions. Whilst this book would probably be enjoyed by all those who enjoy fantasy, I believe readers who like magic would be the best audience for this book.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
azidy
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azidy.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by azidy »

The descriptions of the scenery and the way the author introduced the various characters were great. I think you presented it accurately, and the characters seemed unique and relatable.

Good review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”