Review by Tochukwu Godson -- We are Voulhire: A New Arri...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tochukwu Godson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-godson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Tochukwu Godson -- We are Voulhire: A New Arri...

Post by Tochukwu Godson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In my opinion, leadership can expose one to so much envy and rivalry. However, being a strong leader is all it takes to overcome challenging times, and this book is an exciting portrayal of this reality.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies was written by Matthew Tysz. It's a novel that tells of a fictional nation known as Voulhire. The story starts as the author introduces us to the history of Voulhire. King Idus unified Voulhire and gave it an excellent reputation. His good leadership continued under the reign of King Wilhelm. Wilhelm tried to keep Voulhire safe from enemies who wanted to usurp the throne.

Lord Meldorath's character created suspense in the fantasy. He seemed to be the villain of Voulhire. His sudden disappearance created tension and fear. The writer acquainted us with some major characters of the novel, like Galen and Rowan. Galen found a new home in Voulhire after the death of his uncle. The tale seemed to center on him, and he narrated the whole story of the book. How will Voulhire overcome the challenges threatening its unity?

The plot of this novel appeared complicated at the initial stage of the book. However, the subsequent parts of the tale were intriguing. I liked the fact that the writer gave more attention to introducing us to the characters, their roles, and the strengths and weaknesses of Voulhire. This attribute will help the reader to smoothly follow the rest of the series without much confusion. What I enjoyed most about this book is the level of suspense used in the story. For instance, the reader wants to find out whether Lord Meldorath is dead or alive. This aspect of the novel aroused my curiosity. It spurred me on to complete the reading as I was eager to see how it ended. I appreciated reading about mysterious beings in Voulhire.

There was nothing I disliked about this novel. The typographical errors were few and did not hinder me from understanding the full gist of the story. The book contains many instances of profane language. Therefore, children should avoid reading the content of this novel. The development of the characters was flawless as well.

Overall, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book was professionally edited. I couldn't deduct a star from the score because it contained only a few punctuation errors. I recommend this book to those who enjoy reading stories about magic and science fiction.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
azidy
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azidy.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by azidy »

The beginning of your review immediately captured my attention! I think you presented this book in an honest and informative way, and I agree with your rating. The mysterious elements and the little hints made the book very intriguing!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: Create the Life You Want by Raymond P. Gerson

Post by Ellylion »

The book is a really promising intro to the series :) Thank you for a great review!
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sou Hi »

What a detailed review this is. You captured the book's remarkable aspects right on while expressing your opinions nicely.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”