Review by Diana prince -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Diana prince
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-prince.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Diana prince -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

Post by Diana prince »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

War; not so many fully understand it and the effects it's had on the common man, but one does;Galen Bray. Growing up in the Lands of the Princes has been nothing but a constant warfare, so when the opportunity presents itself for him to have a better life in Voulhire, he leaves and doesn't look back.

Galen soon discovers Voulhire is very different from the home he has left behind; no violence, no deaths and no suffering. He is awed by what he thinks is the perfect city. As the story unfolds, it's clear that not all is as it seems in Voulhire; Strange things are happening, wielders of magic(the likes of Meldorath), a powerful resistance group( the Riva Rohavi), who in search of power, are threatening to destroy this wonderful city that Galen has come to love. Prospects of a war looms impending doom, will Voulhire survive this coming onslaught? Or will it succumb to the wickedness of man.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a fantasy novel based on a world where magic exists but greed, being a part of human nature, has corrupted the people and so, many in search of power have sought to unleash havoc on the world.

I really loved this book because it was different; the plot seemed so realistic that it would be possible in the real world. I also loved how the author simplified the story, this way I felt that the book was easy to understand.

I found it to be quite amazing, especially how the author used different characters to show different aspects of the book, this only served to make the story more interesting as it kept me wondering and guessing when or how the characters' path would cross.

As the first book of the series, I am happy to say that it did not disappoint and even though I wish the author had given a little bit more information on what's to come, I still found it to be a fun and an amazing read; the ending itself had me yearning for more. I'm definitely looking forward to reading the second book.

I have not read a lot of magical realism but after reading this book, it's something I definitely have to look more into. This goes to show it is for anyone, especially those who like fantasy, magic filled, novels, I would say for teenagers and young adults.

I couldn't find anything wrong and so I think it deserved nothing less than a 4 out of 4 star rating, it was uniquely amazing; the editing was perfect, the storyline was wonderful and I especially love the fact that this story is not limited to a specific group of people, it can be read by all.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”