Review by Goitsemodimo06 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriv...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Goitsemodimo06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goitsemodimo06.html
Latest Review: The Devil's Eclipse by Christopher Williams

Review by Goitsemodimo06 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriv...

Post by Goitsemodimo06 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I totally, immensely and truly loved this book. It was amazing and captivating and if you don't read this book, you are definitely missing out. From the onset, the author already made me want to know what was going to happen in the book. I was hooked and I wanted more.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is one of those books that has a lot of characters. It is based in Voulhire and it's cities. The land of princes is also mentioned in the book. Galen Bray is from the land of princes and all he knows is survival but he is very sweet and kind. He ventures to Voulhire after his late uncle leaves him all his fortune and his life changes forever. Lord Eldus thought he would be a saviour of a town that experienced a lot of hurt under its previous Lords. Is success imminent or will Hillport be the death of him? King Wilhelm thought he could protect Voulhire and its people from the feared and powerful mage called Meldorath. Can Meldorath really be imprisoned? Or is he building a powerful army that he will lead, to punish those who betrayed him and finally get his castle back.

What I liked most about this book was that, the story started strong. The book was great to read and it was well written. I love how Matthew Tysz played with words and made the story come alive.

My favorite character is Galen Bray. I love how sweet and considerate he is but I think he is very naïve and will Voulhire change him? I think he is one character that is going to change a lot but will it be a good or a bad change? I can't wait to find out.

What I disliked most was that the book was unnumbered and that was really frustrating. But the book was well written and it clearly shows that it was professionally edited. I didn't see any typos.

I wouldn't recommend this book to young readers as it contains profanity and even though I didn't encounter a sexual scene, sexual language is definitely in the book. This book is suitable for all religions.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars because the book was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good read and fantasy lovers. I didn't give it 3 stars because the book was well written, enjoyable and I learned a lot of new words.

Amazing book, if you haven't read it, do it now!!!

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”