Review by mysticalcreaturetara -- We are Voulhire: A New...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mysticalcreaturetara
Currently Reading: Macbeth
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mysticalcreaturetara.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by mysticalcreaturetara -- We are Voulhire: A New...

Post by mysticalcreaturetara »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz caught my attention the moment I read it's skillfully written description which indulges into a war-torn country, a boy who escaped the cruel nation and his first steps into the new and modern world.

When we hear the word "fantasy", our minds immediately go to the images of fighting, magic and action, but this book contains a sweet surprise for its reader. While it does have action filled scenes, which are splendidly written and makes you feel like you're in the battlefield, the writer mainly focuses on the feelings and events around his characters. The characters have been made to be imperfect and real and Matthew makes the intangible world seem tangible through his captivating writing. Instead of steady build-ups and slow uncovering of his characters, Matthew Tysz immediately throws his reader into the heart of the story from the very first page and successfully has the reader hooked.

Another fantastic thing about this book is its grammar. Mistakes are rare and even then you won't be able to catch onto it unless you read the same page twice or thrice. The writer hasn't used much of complex words and even if you find any foreign words, you will easily understand their meanings after reading the sentence. This wonderful attribute makes the book easier to read and to thoroughly understand. You don't need complex words to make a good story, you need a good plot, good grammar and and the ability to hook the writer without confusing them to make a story good, all of which this story contains.

Now, let us divulge into what the story is about. Galen, a young man has lived the entirety of his life in his war-torn nation and has never known what the real world is like. Fortunately for him, his great uncle who lives in the great country Voulhire and is near death's door receives knowledge of Galen's existence and rescues him. Now Galen has to direct his way through this whole new environment he has been introduced to. We get to meet amazing new characters, powerful mages, honest lords and many more.

Matthew Tysz has woven unpredictable situations, surprising moments and all in all an amazing story together which keeps its reader on the edge of their seats. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars As this book contains mentions of intercourse here and there and curse words, I would recommend this to teenagers from the age of 16 to young adults. I also think they would be able to relate themselves to Galen because just like him, they are entering a totally new environment, the difference, for them it is adulthood and for Galen it is Voulhire. We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is just the introductory book to an outstanding series and I cannot wait to read the rest of the books!

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”