Review by Christiana+- -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christiana+-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christiana.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Christiana+- -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of ...

Post by Christiana+- »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Fires of Virko is the second book of We are voulhire series. After reading the first series, it was nice to see that Mathew Tysz continues from where the first book stops. In this novel, we see how the physical world and the magical world collide. Young Lords Han, a man who mastered Hollenblaze; an object created to control, enslave, or punished spirits, especially dark spirits. He magically tied a demon in Lord Venden’s (his father) house.

Lord Venden Hrelek to whom the land of virko owed its immeasurable success, and also a loyalist of King Wilhelm who on his sickbed sent a message to his king asking him to create a fresh way of ruling in the city of virko. He stated in his reiteration to Wilhelm that he should appoint a governor to rule the city of virko and not the present way of ruling, where the city is been ruled by the lords of the city. After King Wilhelm read the letter, he agrees to the request of Lord Venden which make the city of virko become the first Voulhirian city to run by merchant rule.

Virko is the most productive city when it comes to being industrious in the entire land of Voulhire. The city was built from ruins by Lord Venden Hrelek; he put all his strength in making virko a better place for even the surrounding cities to admire. Also, virko is a city that lacks nothing. Whatever money can buy, they purchase it even in excess. They purchase all the iron in the entire land, leaving the rest of the cities with nothing.

Galen Bray, the refugees from the land of princes, now a newbie blacksmith in magnum caelum. He has a discussion with Mayor Malcolm on how to make magnum caelum an artisan town. In order for them to achieve this, there is a need for Galen Bray to make a trip to virko, since that’s the only place for them to get iron. He embarks on this journey with Rowan and Demetrius; a man who helps him settles in magnum caelum, and a monk whom he hired to examine the ore he found in the first series. On getting there, they receive Lord Venden Hrelek’s help in getting the iron they need. Hrelek petitions them to be of help to him by cleaning his house from a demon. How they tackled these unexpected challenges can only be seen by grabbing a copy of this brilliant novel.

There is nothing I dislike in this novel. These series talk more about loyalty and betrayer. Mathew was so cool on how he narrates the story. Also, his skills in developing characters are so outstanding. I strongly believe that this novel has been professionally edited. I rate We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this novel to every lover of a great novel.

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

aaurba
2019 Reading Goal: 48
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: Of Zots and Xoodles
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaurba.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by aaurba »

I have finished reading We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies weeks ago. Your reviews proves that I should read its sequel now, given that you rate it four out of four stars. Great review!
don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”